Sunday, March 19, 2023

Jeremiah 33:3 - "Word of God Speak"

One of my favorite things to do is to have conversations about God. I love sharing what He has done in my life and about where He is leading me. I love sharing when God speaks to me. I was reflecting on Jeremiah 33:3 that God gave me last June at the first day of Family Camp. The background of this verse is that Jeremiah was imprisoned when the Lord spoke these words to him. These words have great meaning to me. God speaking these words to me shows me the importance of communicating with Him. He already knows our thoughts before we even voice them. We can never hide anything from God because He sees all and knows all. This verse God gave me was for a purpose. He wanted me to realize the need to communicate with Him and He also wanted me to realize He will tell me unsearchable things I don't know as I communicate with Him. Communication needs to go both ways. We need to speak but we also need to listen in all of our conversations but especially the ones with God. He speaks to us audibly, through music, through others, through Scripture, etc. I am reminded of the song "Word of God Speak" this morning...

Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness 
Word of God speak

Yes! The way to comprehend what God is saying to us is found in the words, To be still and know. I am so blessed with not only knowing this but experiencing the ability to being able to be still before God. The more I am still before Him the more I will receive from Him. I am so grateful for the place He has me in life. Woo hoo! 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the work accomplished with Jeff and Timmy at the church and all I accomplished at the house! Thank You for conversations with Doug with many tears flowing! Thank You for Mom's appointment that Mary was a part! I prayed last night before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning for all pastors who will be in the pulpit today to be effective speakers. May we all speak boldly what You desire of us. I pray for many who are going through 'tough' days to find Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and for little WestonI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Heavenly Daddy! Amen.

No comments: