Thursday, March 2, 2023

I John 1:9 - "Revelation Song"


I recently had a conversation with someone who thought they had forever messed up their life and the lives of others. I told them God is there to forgive and forget. He is there to encourage and restore. In last night's Bible study we had an in-depth discussion on repentance. We read story after story of people in the Bible who refused to allow God be who He desired in their life. The same can be seen in many today. God desires us to repent and accept Him fully in our life. He desires to 'wipe our slate clean' and encourages us to move forward past our sins. We can be our worst enemy with hanging onto guilt. The enemy gets an open door into our life in such times. He loves to make us feel like God does not love us anymore or we are not good enough for God. Those are blatant lies. God does not turn His back on us but instead is always there to accept us back with open arms. My earthly Daddy showed his love and acceptance to me when I did wrong just as my heavenly Daddy also does. I John 1:9 reads in the NIV:  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. The desire of His heart is to be in complete relationship with Him. That cannot happen if there is sin in our life. We do not know the day or time Christ will return. We need to be clean before Him when He does. I pray every morning 'cleanse me so You can fill me.' This is what everyone needs to pray. As we live for Him we will still have sin occur inner life but the more we strive to be Christ-like the less sin will occur. I am reminded this morning of the "Revelation Song" and feeling very blessed...

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come
With all creation I sing praise to the King of kings
You are my everything and I will adore You

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for dying on the cross so we all can live! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You in my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray You will be so very real to the father dealing with custody issues with his little girl. I pray healing over little Weston who is in ICU and strength for his parents. Thank You for being My Everything! Amen.

No comments: