Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Proverbs 3 - "Honey In The Rock"


Life can be challenging and it can be fun. There are mountains and valleys to experience at any given time. The important thing we must remember is that God is with us at all time. Not only is He with us but He also wants to direct us in all decisions we make, what we do or say, etc. I woke up this morning with Proverbs 3:5-6 on my mind. Trusting God is key if we want to walk in His will. This chapter begins with us to remember what we have been taught. I am so thankful for the foundation I have in my life from being taken to Sunday school as a little girl. I also am thankful for the way my parents modeled trusting God through many mountains and valleys. Another reminder we receive is in verse three. It reads in The Voice: Stay focused; do not lose sight of mercy and truth; engrave them on a pendant, and hang it around your neck; meditate on them so they are written upon your heart. I love having Scripture memorized that I can say or think about in times of need. I also love how God brings Scipture to my mind every morning to ponder upon. I also love the knowledge that I do not have to make any decisions on my own but instead can allow Him to have freedom in my life to make all decisions. Verse seven in The Voice reads: And don’t think you can decide on your own what is right and what is wrong. Respect the Eternal; turn and run from evil. The more we trust Him and allow Him to be in control of our life the more we will realize His will for our life. Verse eight continues talking about the blessings we will receive from such a life. These words found in The Voice are priceless:

God knows well what He is doing. He has established rewards for living wisely: A happy, long life. A good reputation. Guidance when you need it most. Health. Success. Even, dare we say, fatherly discipline. These are just a few of the benefits accompanying God’s wisdom.

Yes! God loves us greatly and desires to see us live in that love to the deepest extent possible. As we were out in nature yesterday and the sun was shining down on us I thought about how the Son was shining down on us with His love. I thought about how these days of reconnecting have been a precious gift we are unwrapping. Times of walking, talking, praying, etc. have made many deposits in our memory banks. Woo hoo! God brought "Honey In The Rock" to my mind this morning...

I keep looking, I keep finding
You keep giving, keep providing
I have all that I need
You are all that I need
I keep praying, You keep moving
I keep praising, You keep proving
I have all that I need
You are all that I need

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for being with me for my ultrasound! I pray continued peace as I await the results. Thank You for Doug getting to meet Laurie, Anna, Clay, and JoAnn! Thank You for the way You shined down upon us throughout the day! Thank You for those caring for my Momma! May You continue to be with her during these difficult days. I pray the same for many going through tough times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and for little WestonI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Thank You for being My Gift Giver! Amen.


No comments: