Monday, March 6, 2023

II Thessalonians 3:5 - "Goodness of God"


Praying with someone to accept the Lord into their heart is absolutely one of my favorite things to do. The smile on their face at the end of the prayer is priceless. It is such a blessing to have such an experience! I am so thankful for where God has me in life. I am thankful for the way He places people on my heart to talk with and the way He goes before me to prepare them for such conversations. Sometimes we get in His way with such things. Sometimes we say things before people are ready because of our own impatience. Shame on us! When we wait on Him and allow Him to use us, we will be blessed in abundance. I was so blessed at lunchtime with a conversation with a pastor who was visiting yesterday. He encouraged me in abundance by talking about my sermon. Many Sundays I do not get much sermon feedback so this was very nice. One of the verses I shared in the sermon was II Thessalonians 3:5. Paul was praying to the Thessalonians asking God to direct their hearts. This is the same prayer I pray for my people. I desire them to have a heart that not only sees God but experiences God. A few weeks ago I preached about how we cannot fully realize the Holy Spirit until we realize God's love. Oh how I pray for more people to come into relationship where they not only receive God's love but fully realize it. Yesterday was a long day after a long week. God knew what I needed by giving me a day full of blessings. Service and lunch with my church family, Clay leading us in "Goodness of God," spending time with friends in the afternoon, having a surprise dinner with Jan and Roger from Ohio, encouraging words throughout the day from various people, etc. I have said it many times and will say it again. I am one blessed lady! 

I love Your voice
You have led me through the fire
And in darkest night You are close like no other
I've known You as a Father
I've known You as a Friend
And I have lived in the goodness of God, yeah


Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for a wonderful service and lunch with my church family, Clay leading us in "Goodness of God," praying the prayer of salvation with one, spending time with friends in the afternoon, having a surprise dinner with Jan and Roger from Ohio, encouraging words throughout the day from various people, etc.! Thank You for Your love that is showered down upon me every day! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude. I pray for all going through difficult days to receive Your love in the fullness. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray You will be so very real to the father dealing with custody issues with his little girl. I pray healing over little Weston who is in ICU and strength for his parents. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: