Monday, March 13, 2023

II Timothy 1:6-7 - "I've Got Joy"


Another day in paradise...woo hoo! The weather was not 'pretty' with liquid sunshine coming down but it reminded me we must have times of rain in life. The coolest part about living in my little piece of paradise is even when it rains and is dreary, it is still beautiful. Yesterday morning as I crossed the bridge on the way to the church I looked out over the water and thought about what Doc and I use to say to one another as we crossed it. '...and we live here!' Sometimes it seems so surreal that God has put me in this beautiful place with loving people all around me. It amazes me how quickly Beaufort truly became home. I will never forget the first time I stood at the waterfront marina. As I looked down at a huge anchor I had the sense this was where we were moving. Doc shook his head at me when I told him because financially on paper it was not possible. But God... Anything is possible when it is in His will. Everything is possible when we walk in obedience to Him. Yesterday's sermon on the seven-fold ministry of the Holy Spirit reiterated in my spirit that I am empowered to do anything He desires of me. The same Spirit who empowered Jesus' life empowers me as I allow Him to work in and through me. The Holy Spirit is not something kept for just a select few. The work of the Holy Spiirt is available for all who believe and accept Jesus as their personal Savior. Sometimes I have to pinch myself when I realize how much God loves me. He showers me with blessings every day. I had an opportunity yesterday to share one of my special Scriptures with one going through some tough days. The words of Paul in II Timothy 1:7 are words I have repeated many times when I felt fear coming down upon me. The Holy Spirit empowers me through this Scripture. It is full of great hope in times of despair. When we feel like we can't put one foot in front of the other to continue on with life, the Holy Spirit empowers us. He empowers us in times of hurt to lean into His power. I shared in yesterday's sermon that the more we seek God the more we will be filled by Him. I like the reminder Paul gave Timothy in II Timothy 1:6 to fan into flame the gift of God. We must do this daily to stay close to Him. We must seek more of Him to receive more of Him. We must allow Him total access to every part of our life to walk in obedience to Him. I was reading in an article this morning about this verse. We kindle the divine gift by prayerfully and persistently pursuing joyful communion with the divine Giver and by serving others in the strength that he supplies. I love the word picture given with ...persistently pursuing joyful communion... When we are joyful, our attitude is different. As we allow the Holy Spirit to bring joy down upon us we will receive Him with the right attitude. Woo hoo! I am reminded this morning of a song Cece Winans sings called "I've Got Joy" and feeling very joyful...

I've got joy in the struggle
I've got peace in the storm
I've got strength in the battle
I don't fear anymore
I'm a child of heaven
And my hope is secure
I've got joy 'cause I've got Jesus

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for time spent with Donna and her family yesterday afternoon! Thank You for Doug being in my life and all the ways You bless me through him! Thank You for my church family who love on me so well! Thank You for the way You speak to me! I am so looking forward to crafting the next sermon You have laid on my heart. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your joy and peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and for little WestonI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Divine Giver! Amen.

No comments: