Friday, March 24, 2023

Proverbs 3:5-6; Romans 8:28 - "Great Is Thy Faithfulness"

Technology is great when you have 700 plus miles between you and loved ones. Being able to talk to my Momma anytime throughout the day without the worry of the expense is awesome. I remember every month when I was growing up my parents arguing over the phone bill being so high. My Daddy would get so upset with my Momma for it. At that point in life you had to pay by the minute for long distance phone calls. She only called her Momma once a week but the minutes added up on each call. Now there are multiple calls between me and my Momma daily. I can't even begin to imagine what our bills would look like. Phone calls between Doug and I are normally two to three hours in the evenings. Goodness I'm glad we no longer have charges by the minute. Last night's call was priceless with talking, him praying for us a couple times, and us singing "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" together. God is so faithful in the way He loves us. He is so faithful in providing exactly what we need to not just get through our days but to glorify Him through them. Yesterday morning when I dropped Doug off at the airport I expected sobs but instead there were just a few tears and a feeling of contentment and peace. That was definitely a 'God thing'! As we walk in the promise of Proverbs 3:5-6 we will continue to receive what God has in store for us. As we trust Him we will realize the desires of His heart in a deeper way than ever before. His strength will be greater than ever before the more we walk in obedience to His will. His love will be realized more each and every day as we allow Him to be our King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The words to this hymn we sang last night are so applicable to everyone's life who chooses to live for the Lord...

Great is thy faithfulness!
Great is thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
all I have needed thy hand hath provided.
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Yes! He is faithful because He loves us so much. Morning by morning new mercies I see is for all. His love, mercy, and grace are for all who will accept Him. They are poured down upon all who will take the steps needed to live for Him. I am reminded this morning of Romans 8:28. It reads in the NKJV: And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. This does not mean that everything will be 'good' in life but it means when we walk in God's will we will experience more of His faithfulness than ever. Paul also points out that this is not for everyone but for everyone who is called according to His purpose. That means we must allow Him into our lives to receive His love, mercy, and grace in the manner He so desires. If we know God, if we trust Him with our lives, and if we are in that loving relationship with Him, we don’t need to worry about anything, and that’s because we know that God is ultimately in control. Surrender to Him is key in life.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for Your faithfulness! Thank You for the days Doug and I had together here in my little world! Thank You for everyone who is helping care for my Momma! Thank You for friends who love on me well especially Clay, JoAnn, and Marlene! Thank You for the strength You are going to provide over these next few days of busyness! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Faithfulness! Amen.



No comments: