Thursday, March 23, 2023

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Morning By Morning"

Yesterday was an emotional day with getting good results from my breast ultrasound, having an appointment with the estate attorney, taking care of some things involving my Momma's care, and it being Doug's last day here for this trip. Even though everything was good it still played havoc on my body. I crashed before church for an hour nap. When I woke, I thought about how many times emotions take over my physical body and cause issues. Those thoughts led to thoughts about how my physical and emotional beings can have issues but because of the way I depend upon the Lord my spiritual being stays intact and can even get stronger during such times. Yesterday morning's Scripture and song encouraged me to continue to trust Him no matter what the circumstances I find myself. At the same time I was writing yesterday morning Doug was writing, It is uncanny with the way God speaks to us about the same thing at the same time. I wrote of Proverbs 3:5-6 and he wrote, "But when you know the Holy Spirit is working through and guiding you in a direction that you must follow. Then do exactly that. Pray for guidance. Follow that path. Listen to His command. If you trust in Him, you will never walk alone. If he sets you on a path that you think you might not be able to go, He will guide you. He will lead you. He will protect you." God is so amazing! He was speaking to us both at the same time to trust Him and to allow Him to work in and through us. What a blessing Doug is in my life through God being my greatest blessing. Having Doug pray not only for me but with me is another blessing. Hearing him ask God to protect me while we are apart brings joy to my heart. Once again I am reminded it is all about trusing God. Last spring when I prayed for a man God told me He had one for me and it was someone I already knew. It took almost a year before God's plan was revealed. During that time I trusted him as I waited. I was not always in relationship with God where I could wait on Him as I do now. I use to get impatient and manipulate things to go my way. I would get in a rush and do things to make things go the way I desired instead of waiting on God. I am so thankful for my relationship with God now and the way I not only hear His voice but desire to walk in obedience to His will. I am thankful for the blessings along the way as I lean into the promises of His Word. This morning as I get ready to pick up Doug to take him to the airport I know the hours ahead are going to have tears falling as we part. I also know we will be 'ok' during the next twenty-five days until we are together again because we both will trust God in the process. I am reminded this morning of the song "Morning By Morning" that Pat Barrett sings.

I will trust where You lead
I will trust when I can’t see
Morning by morning
Great is Your faithfulness to me

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for all the ways You shower me with Your love! Thank You for another blessed day with Doug yesterday as we continued to do life together in my little world! Thank You for the 'good' ultrasound results, the 'good' appointment with the estate attorney, our fun time with lunch and the carriage ride, and another great Bible study with my church family last night! I was amazed at the way You spoke to Doug and I yesterday morning before we were together and then spoke to us throughout the day as we were together. Sometimes I just feel like I have to pinch myself to make sure this is real. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through tough times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Blesser! Amen.

No comments: