Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Psalm 61 - "The Love of God"



The Lord took me to Psalm 61 this morning. I read it in different versions and settled in with The Passion Translation. David wrote this Psalm as a reflection on his past and a look to his future. As I reflect on my past I see a lot of mountains that have been climbed and conquered with God giving me victory. Praise His Holy Name! David begins praying in tears and ends praising God. He found strength, peace, and closeness in God just as I do. My relationship with Him is one I depend upon every day. His Word is full of promises I hold close to my heart and lean into in time of need. The second half of verse five speaks volumes to me. It reads in The Passion TranslationAnd you have given me an inheritance of rich treasures, which you give to all your devoted lovers. I love the word picture given here with an inheritance of rich treasures. I see the rich treasures as His Word, nature, music, people, etc. They are bountiful in blessings. I saw a little treasure chest filled with 'gold' yesterday at the store and thought about how God fills us up to overflowing with 'gold' to spill out of us. He fills us with His love so we can love others. The richness of His love is too good to keep for ourselves. We must share it if we want to do as He desires of us. Every time I share Him with someone I get the sense He is multiplying His love for me. My relationship with Him is such a treasure. The more I experience His love, mercy, and grace the more I desire to experience Him. I felt His love in abundance yesterday as I talked and prayed with a couple over the phone. They have been in my prayers for over a year and yesterday's breakthrough blessed me in abundance. Even though we don't know where this will lead to we know who does and that is enough. We were praising God for how He is working in their lives and grateful for this movement. Verse eight in The Passion Translation reads: And my praises will fill the heavens forever, fulfilling my vow to make every day a love-gift to you! This is exactly how I desire to live my life. I want to give God a love-gift every day because He is a Love-Gift to me every day. I am reminded this morning of a song called "The Love of God" and feeling very blessed...

O love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure
The saints’ and angels’ song.


Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the time with Marion with Cait and the kids! What a joy it was to see the smile on her face. Thank You for Doug's prayers that bless me in abundance! Thank You for all the ways You bless me! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and for little WestonI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Love-Gift! Amen.

No comments: