Thursday, March 9, 2023

Phil. 4:13; II Tim 1:17; Prov 3:5-6; Ex 14:14 - "Still"

It seems like when I go to bed early I awake early. My body no longer needs the ten hours of sleep it use to require. It is strange how when you change your eating habits and add more movement into your day your sleep changes too. It also is amazing how much more energy you have when making such changes. The Lord woke me at 3:30 with the song "Still" going through my mind. There are so many people on my prayer list going through tough days. Some are due to physical issues in themselves and others. Some are due to emotional, mental, and relationship issues. Others are struggling financially due to circumstances of life. The ones that hurt my heart the most are those who are hurting spiritually. Hearing the struggles of people who refuse to allow God to be their King of Kings and Lord of Lords is heart breaking. Watching the enemy tear people apart is gut wrenching. We all will experience 'storms' in life but how we handle them will determine how we get through them. I desire to not just get through such times but I desire to glorify God through them. He is my strength and protects me at all time. Sometimes I know of such protection while others times I don't. I know without a doubt He is always here for me. Praise His Holy Name! I am reminded of various scriptures this morning I hold close. Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. II Timothy 1:7...God does not give me a spirit that makes me afraid but a spirit of power, love, and self-control. Proverbs 3:5-6...Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. Exodus 14:14...The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still. These Scriptures are ones that bring great comfort in times of trouble. They encourage me to keep on keeping' on when I feel like I can't put one foot in front of the other. I miss my Daddy's morning phone calls asking how I am doing. If I were struggling, I always heard the same thing. 'Now Sheila Babe, it's ok to rest but you can't give up or the MS will take over. You are a McHenry which means you are a fighter. Don't ever forget that.' My Daddy sure was a fighter and I am grateful for his example to follow. Sixty plus surgeries, multiple times of beating cancer, gunshot wound, broken neck from getting hit by a train...his life was full of challenges but his faith in God kept him going for eighty-eight years. I pray I can be such an example to others. That is why I pray every day asking God to cleanse me so He can fill me with more of Him. This morning I am praying for not only myself but for others to be still before the Lord and seek His wisdom.

When the oceans rise
And thunders roar
I will soar with You
Above the storm
Father You are King
Over the flood
I will be still and know
You are God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for blessing me in abundance every day! Thank You for bringing Doug into my life! I pray blessings upon his day. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I praise You for little Weston being moved from ICU. Thank You for being My Stillness! Amen.

No comments: