Sunday, March 5, 2023

John 3:16 - "Free To Be Me"

Over the last few days God has brought to my mind the idea death on earth is just the beginning of life for eternity for believers. I took a picture this week of the sunshine over a cemetery one morning that made me think of this. This picture with the daffodils and the dead leaves is a picture taken another morning this week. God has a theme going on in my mind. Life is not over when we leave these earthly bodies. It is just beginning. We cannot comprehend what heaven will be like but we can know it will be beautiful and loving. I'm not sure why these thoughts have been with me this week. Perhaps because of watching people get closer to their last days on earth. Or perhaps it's because I need more of an urgency to share God with people so they can experience eternal life. Maybe it's because spring is in the air with new life. I love morning walks with seeing the beautiful flowers and hearing the birds sing. I know 'spring' in South Carolina is much different than 'spring' in Ohio but it is beautiful in both places. Maybe I am thinking about it because I am finding life changing with a new relationship which brings life to me. I do not know the reason but God does. All I have to do is allow Him to show me what lessons I need to learn. I need to make sure to stay focused on Him so what He desires of me will be accomplished. God continues to have big plans for me. He continues to bless me in abundance in so many ways. I may not always understand the 'whys' of life but I do know who does and that is all that matters. I was reminded this week at the Widow's Tea of a song Francesca Battistelli sings called "Free To Be Me" and feel very blessed with this knowledge.

When I was just a girl I thought I had it figured out
My life would turn out right, and I'd make it here somehow
But things don't always come that easy
And sometimes I would doubt
'Cause I got a couple dents in my fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together
But perfection is my enemy
On my own I'm so clumsy
But on Your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me

What a blessing to know as I focus on Him I can be me. As seasons change He is there with me with every 'leaf' that falls and every 'flower' that blooms. He is there when the 'winds' are fierce and He is there when the 'waves' seem to overpowering. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors and worship leaders before going to bed and for waking me at 3:30 to pray again! May all feel Your guidance in services today. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Clay and the men who worked at the church, my visit with Sierra, and my walk on the beach with Chrissy! Thank You for new life! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray 'new life' over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray You will be so very real to the father dealing with custody issues with his little girl. I pray healing over little Weston who is in ICU and strength for his parents. Thank You for being My New Life Maker! Amen.

No comments: