Friday, March 17, 2023

Psalm 5:3; I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Yesterday was full of blessings which filled my tank up greatly. I woke up with sinus issues so I took some medicine and rested. I only did what had to be done on the computer, read, made a pot of veggie beef soup, and relaxed until late afternoon. I was feeling better so I joined some ladies for dinner which was another blessing. They say 'laughter is the best medicine' and I would have to agree. I had a renewal in my spirit after spending a couple hours with them. God is so good to give me exactly what I need. I love Psalm 5 that encourages me to start my day off talking with God. It encourages me to speak the desires of my heart to Him even though I know He already knows them. Prayer is for us not Him. He already knows our prayers but when we articulate them they are cemented into us in a powerful way. I am so thankful for my relationship with Him. I am grateful for the way I can pray at any given time throughout the day and know He listens. I do not have to be in a certain place or it be a certain time to pray. Instead I can pray anytime. Paul tells us in I Thessalonians 5:16-18: Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. Yes! We receive such blessings as we follow this way of living. There are times when we feel like our prayers are not being answered and actually there are times we may feel like our prayers are not being heard. The thing we must remember is God hears all our prayers. He hears the spoken and the unspoken. He knows our thoughts as well as hears our words. When we feel like giving up, we must continue leaning into Him and allowing Him to work in and through us. I shared my story last night about praying last spring and asking God to bring a man into my life. When God told me He had one for me and it was someone I already knew, I was going through names of men I know now. I never dreamt it was someone I have known since we were five years old. I was thinking about how we talk multiple times every day and have reconnected. If we want to be connected to God, we must communicate with Him. We cannot communicate just when we feel like it or when works for us but need to pray continually as Paul tells us. We do not have to be in a church building or at an altar to pray. We do not have to have a certain posture to pray. God desires to communicate with us 24/7. We learn more of what God desires of us and will realize His blessings to a greater degree through such communication. I am reminded of "Goodness of God" this morning and feeling so blessed...

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for rest, good friends and laughter, Sank visiting my Momma, Linda's procedure going well, and multiple conversations with Doug throughout the day! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and for little WestonI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: