Saturday, March 18, 2023

Psalm 96; Philippians 4:11-13 - "Jireh"


God took me to Psalm 96 this morning. I read it in different translations and loved the word picture given in The Passion Translation in verse six. It re minded me of walking in the woods and looking up to see the sun shine through the trees. It not only is the physical sun shining down but God's Son shining down upon me in such circumstances. This morning is a rainy day so much time will be spent inside. That is not my favorite place to be by any means but I have learned to be content as Paul wrote in Philippians 4:11:13. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. The secret to being content is found in God's will. When we allow God to live in and through us, we will realize the greatest life ever on this earth. As we allow Him complete access to our life we will realize we do not have to make any decision on our own. There is freedom in living in His presence. Woo hoo! The closer we find ourselves with Him the more we will praise Him for all the blessings He gives us. Matthew Henry wrote of Psalm 96:

The Lord will accept the praises of all who seek to promote the kingdom of Christ. The sea can but roar, and how the trees of the wood can show that they rejoice we know not; but He that searches the heart knows what is the mind of the Spirit, and understands the words, the broken language of the weakest. 

Henry's words tie into what Paul was speaking of in Philippians 4. There are times in life when we have to realize God's plan for us. We have to accept it and live out what He puts before us. Contentment can be found in such times as we allow Him to be our King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Last evening as I was spring cleaning I thought about how God cleans our hearts. He does it initially when we take the step of salvation. He continues it as we become sold-out to Him in our walk of being sanctified daily. It was therapeutic filling another bag of trash and adding more boxes of things for the garage sale. The same can be said for going before the Lord and getting rid of 'junk' in our life. I praise His Holy Name for the ways He works in and through me. I praise Him for the way He loves on me by speaking life over me. I praise Him for putting people in my life who encourage me greatly. These last couple of days have been full of fun times with friends from all walks of life. I love receiving calls/texts from people who care about me. God has truly blessed me through many people. He especially blesses me every day with praying with Doug over the phone. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I am not in a dream. Praying, sharing scripture, etc. are things I will never grow tired of. I am reminded this morning of the song "Jireh" and feeling very content in life. I have gone through some 'tough' things but God always has been and always will be enough. Every mountain I have climbed has been conquered because of God's strength as Philippians 4:13 reads. Every valley I have found myself in His shining presence has been experienced as Psalm 96:6 reads. Praise His Holy Name!

Let's sing it loud y'all
You are Jireh, You are enough
Jireh, You are enough
And I will be content (even in this)
In every circumstance
(You are) Jireh, (You are) You are enough

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with spending time with my ladies and the spring cleaning that was accomplished! Thank You for every text and call from Doug that encourages me greatly! Thank You for continuing to be my Jireh who provides exactly what I need! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Father, I pray for two situations I am dealing with to be resolved. I know it has to be in Your time and I pray Your time will come quickly. I am sorry I am praying selfishly but these two situations are weighing heavy on my heart. I pray for peace as I wait for resolve. I pray Your peace over many going through valleys in life. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and for little WestonI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Jireh! Amen.

No comments: