Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Psalm 93 - "Forever"

 


The Lord took me to Psalm 93 this morning. The last verse speaks volumes to me. It reads in The Passion Translation: Nothing could ever change your royal decrees; they will last forever! Holiness is the beauty that fills your house; you are the one who abides forevermore! God's word is unchangeable! It also is powerful! His Word gives encouragement in times of trouble and wisdom when sought. His Word is the foundation of a life with God that is unshakeable. In the times when we feel like life is falling apart we can go to His Word and seek exactly what we need to not just get through such times but to glorify God in the process. His Word is the truth. We never have to question that it is true even though there will be times we question it to learn from it. His Word is beautiful as we read it and receive His love. His Word is forever meaning we will realize it on this earth and those who live for the Lord will realize it for eternity. I don't want to miss any opportunity God gives me to share His love but I know I do. I don't want anyone going to hell but yet I know there are people dying every day without God in their life. I don't want to find myself at the end of time on this earth with the knowledge I could have done more to share God's love. I desire to love on all I meet. I desire for people to see God through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I know I need to be more intentional than ever before. It takes nothing but our time to show His love. He gives us all twenty-four hours a day. How we use those hours is up to us. Yesterday was a slower day for me after a busy weekend and for that I was grateful. Even in the day being slower I still looked for ways to share His love. He is my Forever...my eternity. I desire for more people to have that same goal. Chris Tomlin's song "Forever" is on my mind this morning....

From the rising to the setting sun,
His love endures forever.
And by the grace of God we will carry on,
His love endures forever.
Sing Praise, Sing Praise
Forever You are faithful,
Forever You are strong.
Forever You are with us,
Forever and ever, forever.

Dear Jesus,  Thank You for the blessing of a slower day yesterday! Thank You for continuing to be with my Momma during these 'tough' days! Thank You for my HVAC appointment going well! I pray I showed Your love to others in a way that made You happy. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through 'tough' days to feel Your love in a mighty way. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray You will be so very real to the father dealing with custody issues with his little girl. I pray healing over little Weston who is in ICU and strength for his parents. Lord, be so close to Pastor John with the death of his father. Thank You for being My Forever! Amen.

No comments: