Friday, March 3, 2023

Psalm 16 - "Confidence"

God took me to Psalm 16 this morning. In The Passion Translation it is divided into three sections. "My Protection...My Portion...My Praise."  The title of the Psalm is "The Golden Secret" which is perfect. God is our Golden Secret as we allow Him to be who He desires to be in our life. He protects us from known and unknown things we experience. He is everything we need and we need to praise Him for all He is in our life. As our portion He is described in verse five as my inheritance...my prize, my pleasure, and my portion. Yes! As we accept Him in these capacities we can truly proclaim the beginning of verse nine. My heart and soul explode with joy—full of glory! Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm:

David flees to God's protection, with cheerful, believing confidence. Those who have avowed that the Lord is their Lord, should often put themselves in mind of what they have done, take the comfort of it, and live up to it. 

Confidence in God is key for all believers. Confidence will flow from us the more we allow God to be in control of our life. Henry continues: God having given David counsel by his word and Spirit, his own thoughts taught him in the night season, and engaged him by faith to live to God. Confidence in God increases the more we trust Him. Praise His Holy Name! I am reminded this morning of a song Sanctus Real sings called "Confidence" and praising God for empowering me to be strong against the giants in life.

So give me faith like Daniel in the lion's den
Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness
Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense
So I can face my giants with confidence

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another beautiful day in my little world! Thank You for all the love You pour out over me through Your Word, music, people, nature, etc. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! Flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Bring joy into the lives of many who are struggling. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray You will be so very real to the father dealing with custody issues with his little girl. I pray healing over little Weston who is in ICU and strength for his parents. Thank You for being My Everything! Amen.

No comments: