Tuesday, March 14, 2023

II Corinthians 5:17 - "Good, Good Father"

I was referred to this morning as being a catalyst. I've been called a lot of things in my lifetime but not sure if I have ever been called that. I love it on so many different levels. A catalyst is something that 'provokes or speeds significant change or action.' The catalyst in my personal health came about in changing my eating habits and getting more exercise. I was thinking about how it took me become more intentional in how I was living to make such changes. The same can be said for our spiritual health. When we become more intentional in seeking more of God, we will receive more of Him. As we read His Word we will receive greater insight. As we pray we will receive greater dependency upon Him. As we share His love with others we will be blessed more and more every day. Newton's law of 'for every action there is a reaction' is crucial in our spiritual walk. If we do nothing in our walk for God, we will receive nothing so to speak. God will still love us but we won't be living as He desires. If we never open our mouth to share Him with others, many will never experience eternal life with Him. If we are content to stay in our own little world, our faith will never grow. We must trust God and allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through us every day of our life. Every time I see a flower or tree blooming I am reminded God gives us seasons for a reason. He gives us the season of spring to bless us with new life and renewal in our spirit. I am once again reminded of the butterfly that begins life as an egg, grows into a caterpillar then a pupa and finally into a beautiful creature. Each one of those stages has a purpose. God uses seasons in our life to grow us into what He desires us to be. We must remember we are a work in progress and need to allow Him to continue to transform us every day. I was reminded this week of the Hospice butterfly release where one landed on my hand. It put a smile on my face as God spoke to me about how everything was going to be OK in the days ahead. What a blessing to be in relationship with Him where I feel His presence and hear His voice. The season I am in right now is glorious. I need to remember not all seasons are glorious but as I allow God in my life they all can be transforming. God is such a "Good, Good Father" and I love Him more today than I ever have before. I am grateful for the way He is using me to be a catalyst in people's lives and grateful for the way He is a catalyst in my life as He transforms me.

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with a day at home to clean out the closet! Thank You for the day ahead and all the ways You will bless me! Thank You for conversations with Doug that include prayers! Thank You for Sandy staying with my Momma last night! I am one blessed lady! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray You You to ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and for little WestonI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Catalyst! Amen.

No comments: