Saturday, March 4, 2023

Romans 1:1-5 - "Gratitude"


Yesterday morning was another beautiful time to walk in my little piece of paradise. God blesses me in abundance through nature. As I walked up to the marina I thought about the first time I was there. It was February 2016 and Dr. Eddie suggested we check out Beaufort when we were in Hilton Head for vacation. The minute I stepped foot at the marina and saw the anchor I knew I was 'home.' I told Doc, 'We are going to move here.' His response was, 'How do you think that will happen when the church can't afford to pay me?' My response to that was simple. 'I don't know but God does and this is where we are moving.' He just shook his head in disbelief. Fast forward four months and we moved to Beaufort. Fast forward to four years later when Doc left this earth. Many people believed I would go back to Ohio. I had such a strong sense in my spirit that I was to stay. That was confirmed when the church asked me to become the pastor. Reflecting on the time God told me to go to Nazarene Bible College back in 2011-2012 brought me to the realization of why I am in Beaufort. I was called to preach. I remember arguing with God that Doc was the preacher in the family when He told me to go to NBC for preaching. He was insistent. I am so thankful I was in the place where I walked in obedience even when it did not make sense. Now here I am right where I belong. God blesses me every day through the beauty of His creation. He surrounds me with great people who love on me well. I was thinking this week about how my circle of friends has grown so much over the last few years. I am so grateful for each and every one in my life. God is so good. I am reminded of a song Brandon Lakes sings called "Gratitude" and feeling very grateful for the way God works in and through me.

And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a King
Except for a heart singing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for all the ways You shower me with Your love! Thank You for calling me to preach over ten years ago! Thank You for the blessings You give me every week as I craft the sermon You desire me to present! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray You will be so very real to the father dealing with custody issues with his little girl. I pray healing over little Weston who is in ICU and strength for his parents. Thank You for being My Hallelujah! Amen.

No comments: