Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Psalm 37:4 - "Goodness of God"

 

Yesterday was another day in paradise. It was full of blessings from start to finish. I had the privilege to take my friends Beth and Bob to the airport in the morning. While working on the lesson for tonight's adult Bible study God gave me Sunday's sermon. My friends Clay and JoAnn treated me to lunch and as always great conversation. My time with Marion was blessed with her being able to easily get into my car to go get ice cream. I had a fun time with another great conversation with my friend Kendra filled with laughter. Seeing the sunset was pretty much the 'icing on the cake' for me. Throughout the day I had conversations with many but especially enjoyed the ones with Doug. God is so, so good in providing exactly what I need. There was a point at sunset the tears fell. I was thinking about how this is the week of Doc's birthday and we always celebrated throughout the week not just on his birthday. He always teased me that I celebrate the whole month for mine and he only got a week of celebration for his. I am thankful for the memories but sometimes they hurt. I am thankful for each and every time we had together to make memories. When I took this picture last night, I thought about how wonderful it would be to be in the boat that is in the picture. I have never been out in a boat at sunset but I sure would love to sometime. I love being out in nature and I love the way God speaks to me through nature. As I watched the sunset and the tears fell He reassured me He knows the hurts of my heart and is here for me. He also reassured me that He is in control of my future. Woo hoo! I have said it many times and I will say it again. I am one blessed lady. Once again this morning I have "Goodness of God" going through my mind...

I love Your voice
You have led me through the fire
And in darkest night You are close like no other
I've known You as a Father
I've known You as a Friend
And I have lived in the goodness of God, yeah
And all my life You have been faithful, ohh
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God, yeah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for those You put in my life yesterday to love on me! Doug, Beth, Bob, Clay, JoAnn, Kendra, Amy, Andy, and many more. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in the day ahead. I pray for things to go well with today's appointment for the recall on my car and for tonight's activities at church. I pray for Your closeness to all who are hurting physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray You will be so very real to the father dealing with custody issues with his little girl. I pray healing over little Weston who is in ICU and strength for his parents. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: