Thursday, March 16, 2023

Psalm 37 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"

Some days are harder than others. Circumstances outside our control are difficult to deal with yet we must remember God is in control and is with us. Last night as I was struggling I was reminded of a kitchen towel I have that says, ' You've been assigned this mountain to show others that it can be moved.' I fell apart last night and the tears fell with the pressure of my present situation. When Cait asked what she could do, my response was 'pray' and she did. As she prayed, Andy walked over and put his hand on my shoulder. I gained strength in those moments to dry the tears and continue on with the evening. When a text came in and the fear started creeping in again, God reminded me of what he just provided through my church family and gave me the strength to continue. A hug from Xavria when I took a phone call and then hugs from the two Ms Carol's after Bible study filled my emotional tank. God knows what I need and provides. He knows the hurts of my heart and is the soothing balm for them. Doug's calls and prayers are such a blessing. Knowing someone special is thinking about me is another blessing. I was thinking this morning about Psalm 37:4. This verse encourages all to live for God. It encourages us to trust Him and allow Him to work in and through us in trying times. I shared last night that God always gives us what is best for us. Sometimes we think we know what we want but God knows what is best and we need to accept that. God's timing is amazing as we allow Him complete control over our life. A year ago when I asked God to bring a man into my life who would love and take care of me He told me He already had and it was someone I knew. Over the last year I have asked many times 'Who, God?' I thought it was someone I knew more recent but to find out he is someone I grew up and have known since we were five years old is amazing. God's timing is perfect. Verse three of Psalm 37 tells us to Trust in the Lord... Trust is key in our relationship with God. If we don't trust Him, we cannot allow Him to use us as He desires. Verse five reads in the NIVCommit your way to the Lordtrust in him and he will do this... When we commit ourselves to trusting Him, life will be so much easier than not. It does not mean everything is going to go the way we desire but it does mean it will go the way God desires. Last night was a night of waking every hour but thankfully God put me back to sleep. I'm tired this morning and dealing with a sinus headache. It is so cool how God works by bringing Scripture before me. The beginning of verse seven reads, Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him... That is what I must do throughout this day. I must allow him to be my soothing balm and love me through the things happening in life. I must trust Him and remember the words to "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"...

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my oncologist appointment going well, all Andy and I accomplished for the parking lot sale, Kate receiving encouraging news from her MRI's, Cait praying for me, Glenda checking on my Momma, and Doug being in my life! Thank You for the reminders from Psalm 37! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for those going through difficult days to trust You. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and for little WestonI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Soothing Balm! Amen.



No comments: