Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Psalm 34 - "Shine"

God took me to Psalm 34 this morning. One of my favorite verses is verse eight. Taste and see that the Lord is good... Today God stopped me at verse five. I was reminded of a picture I took yesterday on my morning walk with MaryBeth. It was a a little later than sunrise so the sun was shining bright. This picture shows the radiance of the sunshine. It also shows the reflection on the water. That reflection reminds me that I am to reflect God in my life. He needs to show through in my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts at all time. The reflection shown in this picture is beautiful. I want to be beautiful. I'm not talking in the physical sense but in the spiritual sense. I want people to see God's love flow from me so they will desire to have His love flow through them. The way for that to happen is to allow Him to work in and through me. As I  Taste and see that the Lord is good... I will realize His love to a greater depth. I also know the more I live as a reflection of Him the more I want to see others have the same relationship with Him. Actually, not the same because we are all different. Therefore, our relationship with God will be different. Matthew Henry wrote of verse five:

Many besides him have looked unto God by faith and prayer, and have been lightened by it, v. 5. It has wonderfully revived and comforted them; witness Hannah, who, when she had prayed, went her way, and did eat, and her countenance was no more sad. When we look to the world we are darkened, we are perplexed, and at a loss; but, when we look to God, from him we have the light both of direction and joy, and our way is made both plain and pleasant. 

We can "Shine" for Him as we look to Him and allow Him to work in and through every aspect of our life. The hurts of yesterday are in the past. They will only continue to be great hurts when we allow them. We need to allow God to be our soothing balm in such times. When we do, we can "Shine" for Him.

Lord, let me shine, shine like the moon
A reflection of You in all that I do
Lord, let me be, a light for Your truth
Light of the world, I wanna be used to shine for You

Dear Jesus, Thank You for my walk with MaryBeth and visit with Billy, Sierra, and Donna yesterday! Thank You for the way You use nature to speak to me! Thank You for Sank who took Momma for her appointment! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray You will be so very real to the father dealing with custody issues with his little girl. I pray healing over little Weston who is in ICU and strength for his parents. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: