Thursday, March 30, 2023

Romans 8:28 - "The Blessing"


Yesterday was full of blessings from start to finish. I could feel God's arms wrapped around me throughout the day in some pretty amazing ways. Having my tax appointment and getting the final result of owing half what I anticipated was so exciting. Knowing we continue to have a game plan from Doug's doctor appointment was encouraging. I'm so thankful Dr. Widmer sent him to Dr. Julie. Spending the afternoon at the church working on various projects was rewarding. One of the best parts of my day was seeing ten children sitting around the table for activities. Woo hoo! What a blessing! I was reminded yesterday that God's timing is always the right time. I shared with the adults last night that I had a conversation with God about this week's sermon. In my mind it would have made more sense to have this one before some of the others in the "Moving Forward" series. I told God people were going to think I had lost my mind with presenting in this order. His response every time I was complaining was, ‘It doesn’t matter, Daughter. Carry on.’ Alrighty then. That is exactly what I will do. When I shared this last night, one shared that His timing was perfect because of what she gained from the last couple of sermons. God's timing is perfect. We, in our humanness, can fret over the 'what ifs' of life. We can try to manipulate circumstances to be as we desire. We can say and do things we 'think' are needed. The bottom line is when God is in the center of all we do and say things will go as He desires. What stops His way is when we exercise free will and go outside of His desires. Shame on us but it will happen because He gives us that to exercise. I am reminded this morning of Paul's words in Romans 8 and feeling very blessed. God calls each one of us to be who He desires us to be. Some are called to be preachers and teachers while others are called to be laypeople. The thing we must remember is we are all called to further His Kingdom on this earth one way or another. He pours His love into us so we can pour His love into others. This picture was taken last week when Doug was visiting. I love the way the sun is shining down on us because we can feel the love of the Son shining down on us. We are experiencing great blessings from God and are so thankful for each and every one of them. I am reminded this morning of a song Kari Jobe sings called "The Blessing" and feeling very blessed...

May His favor be upon you
And a thousand generations
And your family and your children
And their children, and their children

May His presence go before you
And behind you, and beside you
All around you, and within you
He is with you, He is with you

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with my tax appointment, Doug's doctor appointment, the work accomplished at the church in the afternoon, having ten children for activities last night, and for the adult Bible study! Wow, God! You bless me in abundance and for that I am grateful! Thank You for the blessings ahead today. I anticipate many opportunities to love with Your love. I anticipate Your presence in my life throughout the day in a mighty way. Cleanse me so You can fill me so I do not miss anything from You. Go before me and open doors that need opened and shut doors that need shut. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Blessing! Amen.

No comments: