Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Psalm 25 - "Draw Me Close"


The Lord took me to Psalm 25 this morning. David wrote these words of praise to God for all to learn from. His praises were uplifted to God in a time when he was overwhelmed by his enemies. He realized God is the answer to living in this cruel world. People hurt and disappoint but God does not. Verse sixteen shows David's distress in being lonely and hurt. He cried out to God for His love and mercy. When we feel alone, we must remember Jesus' words in Matthew 28:20 that He is always with us. We must cling to Hebrews 13:5 where we are assured He will always be with us. Verse two of Psalm twenty-five tells us as we trust Him He will be with us in trying times. I had an opportunity yesterday to have a conversation with one who is very lonely. I wish I would have had Psalm 25 in my mind to share with them. Maybe God brought it to me this morning for future conversations. It is hard to share with someone not in relationship with God when they are feeling lonely. It is much easier to share God with someone who has experienced Him. I must remember God prepares people's hearts for such conversations. Many times it is when people are at their lowest they are most receptive to listening about God. David shows us many emotions in Psalm 25. He was hurt and lonely yet He was seeking God. No matter what is happening in life we need to remember God desires to be in charge. He desires every decision we make to made with His wisdom. He desires every word that comes from our mouth and every thought that goes through our mind to be from Him. It is amazing to think that David wrote this Psalm years before Jesus came to this earth. They did not have an opportunity to meet Him in the physical sense as those alive when He walked this earth. We do not have that opportunity either yet we can experience Him when we accept Him into our heart and surrender our life to Him. As we live a life trusting Him we will receive more of His love, mercy, and grace each and every day. I am reminded this morning of one of the songs Clay led on Sunday, "Draw Me Close" and feeling very blessed with the knowledge that God is all we need. He is the soothing balm when we hurt. All we have to do is open our hearts up to Him.

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that You pour down upon me every day! Thank You for giving me words to share with those who are hurting! Thank You for putting Doug in my life who has taken away my loneliness! Thank You for my time seeing Rebecca and the kids yesterday morning and spending time with my three little guys in the afternoon! 
Thank You for the laughter around my table last night with Brooklyn, Cait, Alex, and the kids! Thank You for Psalm 25 that reminds me You are always here for me! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You pour out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. I pray You will calm my spirit as I go to court and give me clarity with my words. I pray You will be so real to many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and Damon who was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer. I pray for: my friend who had a stroke, the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Soothing Balm! Amen.

No comments: