Monday, October 9, 2017

Romans 8 - "Hard Love"


I woke up to the words of "Hard Love" this morning and immediately thought 'ugh...'

Hold on tight a little longer
What don't kill ya, makes ya stronger
Get back up, 'cause it's a hard love
You can't change without a fallout
It's gon' hurt, but don't you slow down
Get back up, 'cause it's a hard love
'Cause it's a hard love


It is hard to stand strong when it seems like one thing after another hits you. But we must always remember the Lord is our strength and will never leave us. He is always there to encourage us. When we walk in the spirit, His spirit empowers us. Romans 8 is full of richness for one who walks in the spirit...

  • Vs 2 - freedom from sin
  • Vs 5 - desire what He desires
  • Vs 10-13 - have life
  • Vs 14-17 - are His adopted children
The chapter continues with talking about 'our present sufferings' will lead to glory. Verses twenty-six and twenty-seven are key verses for me. They read, "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God" (NIV). Yesterday as I struggled physically His Spirit was there to give me what I needed to not just function but to be blessed as I led worship. I felt His presence in a mighty way and was so thankful. The result of living a life for Him is knowing He is our strength. The promises of verses twenty-eight through thirty are the icing on the cake! It makes singing "What don't kill ya, makes ya stronger" easier to do. It makes realizing "It's gon' hurt, but don't you slow down" easier to adhere to. This world is a tough place to be but I praise the Lord for His strength to live through whatever comes our way!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your strength yesterday as I dealt with one of my 'green mornings' which seemed to not want to go away. I praise You for the way Your Spirit came down upon me as I led worship. I praise You for the way You enabled Doc to eat a little bit more yesterday. I praise You for the rain that fell throughout the night and continues to fall. I praise You for the day that is ahead. I am excited to get to pick the boys up again and have our 'activity time' with our Bible lesson. You bless me in abundance over and over again. I praise You for that! I also praise You for the blessings ahead in this day. I'm not sure who I will see today but I pray those I do they will see You in me. I also pray they will hear You through my words. Father, most of all I pray for Your attitude to be mine. I pray for Your wisdom to be mine as I do my school work. Overtake my physical, mental, and most of all emotional being today in a different, new way! Thank You for being My Past, Present and Future! Amen.

No comments: