Friday, October 27, 2017

Philippians 2:5-11 - "Your Great Name"


The words to "Your Great Name" were going through my mind every time I woke up during the night and then again this morning...

All the weak find their strength at the sound of your great name
Hungry souls receive grace at the sound of your great name
The fatherless—they find their rest at the sound of your great name
The sick are healed and the dead are raised at the sound of your great name

Yes! That last line is so true. I have experienced healing in my physical body many times but the greatest healing is experienced in the spiritual body. When one gets to the end of themselves and allows the Lord to be the Lord of Lords over their life, there is a spiritual healing. No longer are there doubts on what to do. No longer are there the 'what ifs' or the 'if I would of' but instead is listening to His voice and walking in obedience. 

Jesus,
The name of Jesus,
You are high and lifted up and all the world will praise your great name

Scripture tells us God exalted Jesus and gave Him "the name that is above every name." It also tells us "every knee should bow...every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord..." (Philippians 2). When we walk by His example, we will take on His nature. That means we will have the desire in our heart to be obedient to Him just as He is obedient to His Father. He will be praised through our living a life for Him. He will be praised when we treat others as He treats us, with His love. He will be praised in seeing us humble ourselves before not only Him but others. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and the words from Paul in Philippians today. Father, I desire to praise You with my words and my actions. I desire to be obedient to You in every way possible. Cleanse me of anything that may be between You and I. Fill me with Your love to the point it oozes out of me. Be my different, new way today. Oh how I desire more of You. Father, today I am praying for those who have lost loved ones this last week. I am praying for the Hignight's, Bannworth's, Greathouse's and Gilbert's to feel Your presence and comfort during these tough days. I also pray for Wanda as she is recuperating from surgery. I pray for safe travels for our friends who are visiting us this weekend. Lord, most of all I pray for those who are not in relationship with You to find You and those in relationship with You to go deeper. Thank You Jesus for being My Lord of Lords. Amen.

No comments: