Friday, October 20, 2017

Psalm 30:5b - "Daylight"

I woke up in the middle of the night twice to pray for a special couple. I have not spoken to them for quite awhile so I have no knowledge of what is happening in their life. But God does so there must be a reason He had me praying for them. The song "Daylight" was also going through my mind...

Hold on - daylight is coming  
Daylight is coming to break the dawn 
Daylight is coming


This song reminds me of ...



David Zach wrote this song when his wife was in labor all night. He wrote, "Through the night we were just waiting for relief, for the site of morning. When the sun rose, our daughter was born." I love the analogy of morning and new birth. When we go through our hardest times, we must continue to hope in Him. A new morning...a new birth...yes! That is what going through trials is all about. When the end happens, "the darkness must precede the dawn" and we see His glory. "Night will make your night fade out" is so very true when we are in relationship with the Lord. Darkness will become light at the end of a trying time. When we think of a new birth, we think of an exciting time. We think of pain that usually turns into joy. When we hold onto the Lord through a time, He will provide joy. When losing a loved one, the memories we have become more joyful. When we know our loved one was in relationship with the Lord, we know they had 'morning' when they left this earth. When we are in relationship with the Lord, we have the promise of 'morning' when we die. When dealing with a financial issue, having it resolved makes us feel blessed. Hearing the words 'cancer free' after an ordeal with surgery and treatment makes us realize how powerful the Lord can heal through the medical community. Having an eye check-up and hearing there is no sign of MS after twenty-three years makes one realize once again of His healing power. At times it is hard to hold onto 'hope' but when we realize He is our Hope it enables us to do so.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for waking me twice during the night to pray for this couple. Father, I don't know what is happening in their little world but You do. Bless them in abundance with whatever strength they need...physical, mental, emotional, financial but most of all spiritual. Lord, be with my husband today and bless him with better health. I also pray for the plans to get submitted so we can get the permits to start working on the interior of the church. I know it has to be in Your time but it is getting frustrating. Enable us to continue to look toward You, Our Hope, in this process. Enable us to see the light at the end of the tunnel so we will experience the joy You have in store for our church body. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You. Be my words, eyes and feet today. I also pray for a healing in my eye so that I am not distracted. Thank You for being My Joy In The Morning. Amen.



No comments: