Saturday, October 14, 2017

Romans 12:1-2 - "Open Up The Heavens"


Show us, show us your glory
Show us, show us your power
Show us, show us your glory, Lord

This song...oh my...the words are beyond anything I could even describe. This is how corporate worship should be. Christ-centered. People focused on Him instead of thinking about what happened over the last week or what is ahead in that day. One should not be distracted by a child making noise or a person across the aisle worshiping in a different way. Instead one should be open to what the Holy Spirit has in store for them. Oh how I love to be in worship services where people are focused on God instead of themselves. That is what true worship is all about. "Show us Your glory" should be the prayer on every believer's heart. Being a believer goes beyond salvation into living a sanctified life. Living a sanctified life is allowing God to work in and through you every moment of the day. It means dying to self so He can live in you. It means no longer being worried about what people will think but instead concentrating on what He desires. There is no better place to live but in such a relationship with Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song that encourages me to worship You in the way You so desire. Thank You for the life You have given me. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so people will see and hear You instead of me today. I pray for an abundance of Your love to flow from me. I also pray for a physical touch upon my body. I pray against the distraction of pain in both of us. "Show us, show us Your glory" is my mantra for this day. Bless our efforts tonight with the outreach dinner. May You shine through everyone involved. Give gentle, loving spirits to all with words of honey upon our lips. My prayers are for those who will be in corporate worship services tonight and tomorrow. May Your glory shine from the hearts of Your people. May people come to know You and those who know You go deeper in their relationship with You. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Worship. Amen.

No comments: