Thursday, October 26, 2017

Deuteronomy 5:32-33 - "My Tribute"

I woke up this morning with these words going through my mind...

To God be the glory
To God be the glory
To God be the glory
For the things He has done
With His blood, He has saved me
With His power, He has raised me.
To God be the glory
For the things he has done


I love how the second verse goes...

Just let me live my life
And let it be pleasing, Lord to Thee
And should I gain any praise,
Let it go to Calvary.


Yes! The desire of my heart is to live in the desire of His heart. I desire to do as He wants of me. Many times the Lord calls us to do something but if it is not our idea we balk at it. We need to live in His presence so anything He calls us to do will automatically be a 'yes' to Him. Even if we cannot understand it or be able to comprehend how the outcome will be we need to be ready to say 'yes' to it. I remember a day where I would argue with God when He called me to do something. I am thankful those days are over. Recently He called me to do something and He even told me I would be rejected the first time. He told me when rejection happened I was to try again. That is where I am now. Waiting on His time for the 'try again' to happen. I am thankful He warned me I would be rejected because I would have taken it personally had He not. I am also thankful I am not manipulating the situation but instead am waiting on His timing. There is so much peace in living in His presence. I no longer have to second guess things but instead just listen to Him. There is no longer a feeling of not knowing what to do because He tells me. When He does not reveal something in my time, it is OK because I know His time is the best time. As I walk in obedience to Him, I am blessed in abundance. Deuteronomy 5 ends with...


Matthew Henry writes, "The only way to be happy, is to be holy. Say to the righteous, it shall be well with them. Let believers make it more and more their study and delight, to do as the Lord God hath commanded." My mind is wandering this morning to thoughts about how different this world would be if there were more people living in the presence of God, in His holiness, listening to Him instead of satisfying self. I know my life has changed drastically since I took the step. I pray for more believers to get to the end of themselves and allow Him to work in and through them.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and Scripture this morning. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for the pain lessening in my physical body. Thank You for the sunshine today that makes Your creation so beautiful. Father, I come before You this morning and ask for a cleansing in my spirit of anything that may be between You and I. I also ask for a filling in my spirit with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and especially my attitude today so all who see/hear me will see/hear You. I pray for all believers to get to the point where You are more than their Savior but become the Lord of Lords and King of Kings in their heart. Thank You Jesus for being My Holiness. Amen.


No comments: