Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Mark 4:20 - "Hallelujah (Your Love Makes Me Sing)"

I told Doc yesterday I had a 'love/hate' relationship with last night. I love seeing the excitement of the kids as they pack shoeboxes but I hate the confusion of the evening. I especially struggled with him not feeling up to being involved. That meant I had to do pick-ups and take them home afterward. I am wiped out at the end of this evening of packing shoeboxes so was not a happy camper. On the way over the bridge I prayed for the Lord to empower me with His supernatural power. I prayed for the confusion to not be as great as it was the last time. He reminded me that next year we will have the church building to pack in instead of our living room. That put a smile on my face! This morning I woke up to these words...

Your love is a mystery
How You gently lift me
When I am surrounded
Your love carries me

Yes! His love carried me through last night in a great way. I felt His empowerment throughout the evening. I enjoyed watching the kids pack the boxes and was blessed in the way they were so particular about what they were putting in each box. Once again I was disappointed in myself for not taking pictures of them packing. At least I took one at the end. I was also blessed at the end of the evening when we realized we have a total of 65 boxes packed. Wow! That is so awesome for our little group. As I prayed blessings over the boxes last night I also prayed blessings over our kids. We are getting ready to see another family from our neighborhood move. We will miss them greatly. This family has been in our home praying over us when we were going through attacks. Their faith is so deep and it shows through them. His love is amazing in how He will be with them as they move and He will be with us as we try to fill the hole in our hearts when they are no longer with us. Last night as I watched the interaction of the kids I thought about my verse I am to 'ponder, personalize and practice.'


I want to plant more seeds so the harvest from my efforts will grow 'beyond their wildest dreams.' My Tuesday night children and teens are such a blessing. These kids have grabbed my heart and settled in. They are so awesome in the way they are faithful to coming, participate in everything and have come closer to God. I re-read my New Year's Resolution the other day about figuring out a way to get children/teens involved in church. We had to think outside of the box by leaving the funeral home and opening our home and it is working. I pray for more of God to take over in my life so more lives can be changed. I know I am planting good seeds. I also know I may never see the harvest but He will and that is all that matters.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your empowerment last night in not only my physical body but also in my emotional body. Father, as You know, I am very emotional today. I am tired not so much in my physical body but in my emotional body. I just want to go to bed and cover up my head and not face the day. But I know that is not possible. I pray for Your healing over my husband today. His time of being sick is getting to me. I know I should be stronger in You with his issues so I am praying for an empowerment over my emotions. I pray You will heal Him in whatever way it takes. I also pray You will give me an empowerment over my mental facilities today as I continue to work on my paper. Thank You for the work I completed on it yesterday. I also pray for wisdom for the eye doctor today with my issue. Father, You are in charge of every aspect of my life. Sometimes it is just hard, as a human, to deal with all that is happening. I am fighting to not be overwhelmed by 'stuff' but instead to rest in the knowledge that none of this surprises You. Thank You for being The One In Charge. Amen.

No comments: