Thursday, October 19, 2017

Isaiah 33:14b-16 - "Take My Life"


I woke up this morning with an urgency to read Isaiah 33. As I read it the first time I thought about how I am learning to 'ponder, personalize and ponder' Scripture in a different, new way. The first part of this Scripture is about the judgement given by God to those against believers. We must not only stand strong in our faith but we must share it. I like the words of Matthew Henry...

Those who by faith humbly wait for God, shall find him gracious to them; as the day, so let the strength be. If God leaves us to ourselves any morning, we are undone; we must every morning commit ourselves to him, and go forth in his strength to do the work of the day. When God arises, his enemies are scattered. True wisdom and knowledge lead to strength of salvation, which renders us stedfast in the ways of God; and true piety is the only treasure which can never be plundered or spent. 

...we must every morning commit ourselves to him, and go forth in his strength to do the work of the day. There is no better way to start the day than with Him. I talk with Him before my feet even hit the floor. He is the strength that gets me through the 'good' days and the 'bad' days. He is the One who directs my steps and puts words in my mouth. He is the One who protects me from things I am not even aware of. The chapter continues talking about how we need to live. Matthew Henry writes of this section, "Those that walk uprightly shall not only have bread given, and their water sure, but they shall, by faith, see the King of kings in his beauty, the beauty of holiness." I desire to walk in 'the beauty of His holiness' every day. My desire is to fulfill His heart's desire for me. It is not always an easy task but it is a blessed one.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the strength You provide every day as I strive to walk in Your holiness. Thank You for the news yesterday the MS still does not show in my eyes after twenty-three years. Thank You for Doc being able to eat 'real food' last night. May You continue to bless him with restored health. I am praying this morning for the man who is hurting deeply over having to put his dog down. May You be his peace. I also am praying for the family who lost their husband/father/son from his battle from cancer. May they have Your strength for the calling hours tonight. My prayers are with another family who lost their father this week. I pray for the lady who jumped off the bridge yesterday to find Your peace. Father, my mind is going all over the place this morning with all that needs accomplished but I do not want to miss anything You have for me. I pray for my eyes and ears to be open throughout this day. May Your plans be what happens. Father, I also pray for an open door with the task You gave me last night in our waiting time. Pave the way for acceptance. Thank You Jesus for being My Holiness. Amen.


No comments: