Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Proverbs 3:5-6; James 5:16; Psalm 37:4 - "King of My Heart



There sure was not much sleep in our house last night. Well, except for Mordecei who never has trouble sleeping! As Doc and I both were dealing with physical issues I knew it was the perfect opportunity to pray. The Lord brought a friend to my mind who is waiting to hear from her doctor. She has the desire to do something but has to have her doctor along with some other medical personnel to give permission first. I thought about how often there is a desire in my heart to do something or hear from someone only to have to wait. It takes having faith and trusting in the Lord during that waiting time. When we wait on His time, it takes believing that His time is the perfect time. It also takes believing His answer is the perfect answer. He knows what is best for us. The last part of James 5:16 reads, "The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." This does not say He will always answer our prayers in the way we desire but when we are living in His will the answer will be perfect. Psalms 37:4 reads, "Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." The desire of our heart should be what He desires. As I thought about these Scriptures during the night I prayed for whatever His answer is for my dear friend she will not be disappointed but will realize it is perfect because He knows what is best. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the opportunity to pray for my dear friend and my husband during the night. Thank You for the pain You put into my body to wake me up so I didn't miss this opportunity. I know it was You because there is no pain this morning. Wow...You are so good! I pray for an abundance of strength in Doc today as he had little sleep. I pray for him to be able to do the teens tonight. I pray You will give me wisdom on my day so I can do whatever lies ahead. Thank You for the peace You give me in days like this. Thank You for the knowledge that You will never let me down. Thank You for the supernatural empowerment that comes from living in Your presence. Oh, may more people come into such relationship. Thank You for being My Empowerment. Amen.

No comments: