Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Psalm 23 - "Home"


Last night I asked if anyone had ever been asked a hard question about the Bible or Jesus. The response from one eleven year old girl made me proud. She was asked why are we here? She said she told the person "We are here because God created us for a specific purpose." A teen girl had tears as she shared her friend, whose family does not believe in Jesus, asked her if she thought she would go to hell when she dies since she doesn't believe in God. This question came after teen had shared about Jesus with the girl. The teen said she didn't want to say 'yes' because it hurt so bad but knew she had to. This teen will be moving away soon. I am praying before this family moves from our neighborhood their neighbors will come to know the Lord. Seeds have been planted. Oh how I pray the two children in that household will someday be allowed to come to our Tuesday night activities. The seeds planted by their next door neighbors need cultivated. That little girl needs to have the assurance of heaven instead of the thought of going to hell. We never know when our time on this earth will be over. God can call us at anytime and we must be ready. As I pondered these thoughts my prayers went to so many different families who have lost young people. I am grateful in knowing some of them were in relationship with the Lord...

  • Jeremy Grimm's Family who continue to have 'firsts' to get through without him
  • The Neiderhiser Family who lost their seventeen year old son in a car accident yesterday
  • The families of the young people in the accident in Wooster a few days ago
  • The teen who was in an accident between Shelby and Mansfield a couple days ago
  • Doug and Gay who just went through the anniversary date of Joey's death
  • The Isenhart family who just went through the death of their baby
  • The families of those who were killed in the Las Vegas shooting
  • The families if there were deaths involved in the shooting in Norton/Barberton last night
  • The two families who have recently lost little ones in tragic accidents in their yards
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the assurance of heaven being my "Home." Thank You for the way You use me to share You with others. Father, I pray for the many families who have lost loved ones. I pray they will have Your comfort and peace. Lord, I can't even begin to imagine what life would be like without You. I pray for You to bless people through me today. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit of anything not of You. Be my words, actions and attitude throughout this day in a new way. I pray for physical strength for my husband today. I pray You will continue to use this new medication to heal his body. Thank You Jesus for being My Past, Present and Future. Amen.

No comments: