Friday, October 6, 2017

Isaiah 55 - "Good, Good Father"


The Lord took me back to Isaiah 55 this morning. I love reading how He is for everyone not just a select few. He does not pick and choose who He loves but loves everyone. When we mess up, He is there to pick us up. When we turn from Him, He never leaves us but patiently waits on our return. He is a "Good, Good Father" who is always there for us. 

Oh, and I've seen many searching
For answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching
For answers only You provide
'Cause You know just what we need
Before we say a word



Yes! He knows us, inside and out. He knows what we need even before we realize it. He is there to be our Heavenly Daddy who will provide for us and love on us. He will bless us in abundance as we allow Him. He desires to be in complete relationship with us. The intimacy found in such relationship is beyond comprehension. He is "perfect in all of" His ways. He knows everything. His love and peace are beyond anything imaginable on this earth. I love these words...

Oh, it's love so undeniable
I, I can hardly speak
Peace so unexplainable
I, I can hardly think
As You call me deeper still
As You call me deeper still
As You call me deeper still
Into love, love, love



Yes! The key to life is living in His love which in turn empowers us to share His love in so many ways. Verse twelve of Isaiah 55 gives me encouragement to live in obedience to Him.

You will go out in joy
    and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
    will burst into song before you, 
and all the trees of the field
    will clap their hands.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the words of encouragement found in Isaiah 55. Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace that enable me to walk in obedience to Your will. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for knowing exactly what I need and providing for those needs. Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I can walk in obedience. I pray for You to empower me with Your words, actions and attitude throughout this day. May You put opportunities in front of me to be You to others today. Once again, I thank You for Doc's lower number this morning and ask for healing in his body. I pray against the nausea from this medication and ask You to empower him today. Thank You Jesus for being My Love. Amen.



No comments: