Monday, October 30, 2017

John 15:9-10 - "Jesus Loves Me"


I was awake throughout the night with the words to "Jesus He Loves Me" going through my mind. I kept asking God if there was someone I was to pray for but I was the only one who He put on my mind. He reassured me He loves me so greatly that He will never leave me. He gave me reassurance that He loves me through the 'good' times and the 'bad times.' He loves me through the fun times with friends such as this weekend and the times where I am hurting. He love me when I am walking in obedience and He loves me when I fail to do so. Plain and simple. He loves me. I honestly do not know how people get through life without Him. Yesterday as I was preparing to take communion I prayed for a cleansing in my spirit and thought about those who have never taken the step to be in relationship with Him. It must be a very lonely life to not have Him to talk to. I thought about how He is my life. I cannot imagine doing life without Him. It must be pretty scary to not have Him being Your Guide. I also thought about those who pretend they are 'ok' when they are falling apart. Some are 'believers' yet they have not taken the step to being sold out to Him. If they would take that step, freedom to worry would be overtaken by His love. 

Jesus, He loves me, He loves me, He is for me
Jesus, how can it be, He loves me, He is for me

As I allow His love to flow in and through me He becomes greater in my spirit. His love is powerful. It is greater than anything on this earth. People cannot love in the same depth as He does but when we do love with His love we become more like Him. He is the example we are to follow in loving people. What a different world we would be living in if more people would love with His love. The enemy would not have such an impact on our world if more people would love with God's love. I desire to love more like He does. The desire of my heart is for people to see/hear Him instead of me. I want Him to be greater in me. The only way for that to happen is to be in His Word more, be in prayer more and be more willing to walk in obedience. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for walking in obedience to Your Father as You died on the cross for our sins. Thank You for loving me even when I fail. Father, cleanse me of anything that may separate us. Fill me and empower me with more of You so Your love oozes out of me. May You be my words, actions and most of all my attitude throughout this day. Protect me on the roads and bind the enemy out of my life. Thank You Jesus for being My Guide. Amen.


No comments: