Thursday, October 5, 2017

Revelation 4:8; Isaiah 7, 55 - "Revelation Song"


I look forward to our Wednesday night group with anticipation. I am so blessed when we share after our 'waiting time' what the Lord gives to us. Last night the "Revelation Song" was what He gave to me. As it went through my head over and over I had such a warmth come over me. It gave me such peace that He had everything in the palm of His hand. Another had the vision of walking on a beach in peace even in the midst of turmoil. Another was given Isaiah 7 where Isaiah wrote of what was going to happen across the land. Matthew Henry writes, "The rule was certain; however there might be national prosperity or trouble, it would be well with the righteous and ill with the wicked. Blessed be God, there is abundant encouragement to the righteous to trust in him, and for sinners to repent and return to him." When we trust in Him, He will give peace that is beyond comprehension to the normal person. I looked back over what I wrote from the song and saw, "who was, and is, and is to come" which is exactly what was wrote in Isaiah 7. This Scripture tells of God "who was, and is" and it told of Jesus "and is to come." Jesus was to come through a miraculous birth but He also "is to come" when He returns for His second coming. I think of the book of Revelation where John wrote of the four living creatures who never stopped worshiping the Lord. He described them as never quitting with "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come." I also thought of Isaiah 55 where all our invited to have His peace. Matthew Henry writes, "Delivered from the wrath to come, the converted sinner finds peace in his conscience; and love constrains him to devote himself to the service of his Redeemer. Instead of being profane, contentious, selfish, or sensual, behold him patient, humble, kind, and peaceable." Peace. Peace in the midst of the storms of life. There is no humanly way to explain His Peace other than it is Perfect Peace.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with my time with Grammy, my time with my little guys and then my time with my group. You blessed me over and over again and for that I am so grateful. It was a full day but it was a blessed day. I pray for blessings today to come down upon me in a new way. I pray for Your joy and peace to ooze out of me so others will desire what I have with You. I pray for Your wisdom as I do my school work. I also pray for Your strength in my physical body. Lord, You are so awesome in the way You cleanse me of anything not of You and then You fill me with more of Your empowerment. I pray for Your empowerment in Doc's physical body as he goes throughout the day. I praise You for a lower number for him this morning and ask for continued blessings for better health for him. You are in control and for that knowledge I am grateful. I also pray for You to enable me to not be crabby when he is unable to do things. Lord, enable me to see them as opportunities You are giving me to do ministry. Thank You Jesus for being My Perfect Peace. Amen.

No comments: