Monday, October 16, 2017

Isaiah 55 - "Safe"





I woke up with the urgency to read Isaiah 55. After I read it in two different versions I still was not sure of what the Lord wanted me to receive from it. I stopped and prayed and asked Him to reveal to me His intent. I listened as I waited for His response. "Daughter, there are reminders here for you. You need to remember My time is not always your time. Things will happen when people are ready for Me." I looked again at the chapter and see it is full of promises. Verse three is the promise of eternal life for those who 'listen.' Verse four tells us when we are in a covenant relationship with Him, it is 'everlasting.' Verse eleven promises our words 'will not return empty.' There is the promise of joy and peace in verse twelve. Wow! So there are many promises in these thirteen verses! And they all are because of God's love, mercy, and grace. That is what changes man. I love the words of Matthew Henry:

Delivered from the wrath to come, the converted sinner finds peace in his conscience; and love constrains him to devote himself to the service of his Redeemer. Instead of being profane, contentious, selfish, or sensual, behold him patient, humble, kind, and peaceable. The hope of helping in such a work should urge us to spread the gospel of salvation. 

Yes! Spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the most important thing we can do on this earth. If we have the desire to see our friends and family for eternity, we must have His love flow in and through us in a mighty way. As I read verse twelve and thirteen over and over again I became blessed in His joy and peace. The life I live on this earth is full of richness but the life I will spend with Him for eternity will be the 'icing on the cake.'

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace! Thank You for forgiveness! Thank You for all of the opportunities You give me daily to love on people with Your love! Father, I pray for an abundance of You today to cleanse me and fill me up with more of You. I pray people will see/hear You instead of me today. Lord, may the promises of Isaiah 55 be known by more through Your work in me. I pray today for those who are hurting to find comfort in You. I pray for those who do not know You to come into relationship with You. I also pray for those who are refusing to surrender something to You to get to the end of themselves. May You bless people through me today in a different, new way. Bless my husband with a day of feeling better. Give him Your supernatural strength throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. Amen.

No comments: