Monday, October 23, 2017

Psalm 33 - "Good, Good Father"


Psalm 33 is rich in encouragement for people to live in His promises. It encourages people to desire to live in His empowerment. When we do, we will receive blessing upon blessing. There is always something to praise the Lord for. Always. Even in 'bad times' there is something to praise Him for. We can have His joy when going through 'bad times' if we allow His supernatural empowerment to take over in our spirit. I love how Matthew Henry describes it. "Holy joy is the heart and soul of praise, and that is here pressed upon the righteous. Thankful praise is the breath and language of holy joy." Woo hoo! One has to choose joy if they truly desire it. I strive to have 'holy joy' no matter what is happening in my little world. God created humans with a purpose. I believe my purpose in life is for Him to shine in and through me 24/7. Always. Some say this is not humanly possible but I believe when we strive for it, He will bless us and be blessed in the process. Yesterday was a great example of verses eighteen and nineteen being fulfilled in my life. He came to my rescue through a lady who did what many would have not. She found my phone in the middle of a busy street and called the last number to return it. He not only provided this upright person but He also protected my phone from being destroyed. Yes, the case was broke but that is minor in comparison to how the situation could have ended. Plain and simple, He rescued me. The chapter ends with these words...

We’re depending on God;
    he’s everything we need.
What’s more, our hearts brim with joy
    since we’ve taken for our own his holy name.
Love us, God, with all you’ve got—
    that’s what we’re depending on.


Yes! I feel His love as I go through the 'good' and the 'bad' days of life. I know He watches over me every time I am in the car on these crazy roads. I know He watches over me when I overdo physically. I know He watches over me by putting people in my life that encourage me. He is such a "Good, Good Father" and for that I am so grateful.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with our Homecoming Sunday, my phone being found and protected, the rest we had when we got home...the whole day. Thank You for the joy You put into my spirit. May people see it and have the desire for the same. Thank You for the way You provide exactly what is needed. Thank You for the card from Joan on Saturday that was of great encouragement. Father, this morning I am praying for the family who are putting their dog down today. May You give them peace. I also am praying for the family with the loss of a loved one this weekend to have Your comfort. I continue to pray for a healing in my husband's body. Give wisdom to the doctor and resolution to this issue. Lord, cleanse me so I can be filled up with more of You. Give me opportunity today for You to spill out of me. Thank You for being My Good, Good Father. Amen.

No comments: