Sunday, October 8, 2017

Ephesians 6:10-17, 18 - "Bulletproof"


What an awesome day yesterday with my district family for EQIUP! Dr. Eddy's words on Leadership were very encouraging. It is getting easier to be at district events as I get to know more people. I don't feel as 'out-of-place' as I did a year ago. I know it takes time to adjust to a new place and am thankful the Lord is putting new friends in my path. I prayed prior to the day for those presenting seminars along with Dr. Eddy. Those prayers were answered as many were blessed throughout the day. It was a tiring day but a blessed day. Then last night when I woke up the Lord had me not only pray for pastors who will be preaching today but he also had me pray specifically for Children's Pastors. He had me pray for the little ones to be fed with spiritual food in a different, new way. It seems those words 'different, new' have been coming into my prayers a lot recently. Change is not always a 'bad' thing. It can be refreshing and give a sense of renewal. I prayed for Children's Pastors to be filled with the Holy Spirit to the point He will ooze out of them. He had me pray for...

  • those who are feeling empty and wore out. He said there are some who need to realize they are not the ones who have to do everything but instead need to delegate.
  • those who are getting in the way of others He has called into ministry. There are some who will not allow others to be involved because it is 'their ministry' instead of His ministry.
  • those who are feeling resentful toward other staff members.
  • those who are beginning a new curriculum or program to not be nervous but to be excited.
  • those who are neglecting their families to realize that is not the desire of His heart.
  • those who are allowing ministry to come first over their own spiritual needs.
  • those under attack from the enemy through people's words and action.
As I prayed, the song "Bulletproof" started going through my mind and was there again this morning. All pastors need to be in relationship with God so they can sing...

I'm bulletproof
Because of you, because of you
And I'm bulletproof
Because of you, because of you
Your love ain't away
Now I'm not afraid
No matter what the world may say
Or what they do
I am bulletproof
Because of you, because of you you you

Yes! When we put on the full armor of God, we are "Bulletproof" to any of the darts the enemy throws our way! All believers need to wear this armor but especially pastors. We also need to remember the words that follow Ephesians 6:10-17...


Praying in the Spirit is key. We, as pastors, especially need to be 'prayed up' as the enemy tries to tear us down. If the enemy isn't after us, we must not be doing God's will. God gives us the strength to stand up against the evilness of the world but His strength is not automatic. It only comes when we are living in relationship with Him. There are times He allows the darts to not be stopped so our faith will be strengthened. We must be on guard at all times.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Father, I need an extra dose of Your physical strength for this day. I praise You for enabling me to live in Your strength. I pray for You to ooze out of me in a new way today...a way I have never experienced before. Be my words, actions and attitude throughout this day. Empower me to be "Bulletproof" from anything the enemy sends my way. My body is tired. I do not want that to be a magnet for the enemy but instead need You to empower me to be on guard even more so. Once again I pray for all pastors who will preach this morning whether to adults or to children. I pray for pastors who are supporting other pastors. Bless our efforts in this day in a 'different, new' way. Thank You for being My Armor. Amen.

No comments: