Sunday, October 1, 2017

Hebrews 6:19 - "Eye of the Storm"


The Lord woke me in the middle of the night to pray for pastors. This seems like an every Saturday night event but I am grateful for the privilege. He specifically had me pray for a young pastor who is struggling to put food on the table. He had me pray for this family to have strength to get through the storm they are in. He also had me pray for people to encourage them and to support them however possible. If I were in their area, I would go through my cupboards and freezer and take groceries to them. Since I am not I asked the Lord what I should do. He replied, "Mail them a $50 Kroger gift card." Since I don't believe we have Kroger in our area I need to figure out how to accomplish this task. He also had me praying for two retired pastors with serious health concerns. I also prayed for all pastors who are going into the pulpit this morning to boldly preach what He has given them.  He had me pray for those who hear to respond in a positive manner. The song "Eye of the Storm" was going through my mind as I prayed. There are so many going through 'storms' of life. We all have a choice to make on allowing the enemy a foothold in the storm or allowing God to be our Strength through the storm. He gives us free choice. That is why we have this choice to make. If we choose to allow the enemy in, there will be chaos and havoc in our lives. If we choose to allow God to be in control, there will be peace. That does not mean He will take away the storm but it means He will give us exactly what we need to get through it. Our faith will be strengthened and our love will go deeper for the Lord through a storm. He will become One we depend upon even more so after a storm. He has been my Anchor through so many storms. Some of the storms I thought were so big when in fact He minimized them. Some of the storms were so large and continued to be so but through them I realized they were His, not mine. I am never alone because I have chosen to allow Him to be in control. 

Right now there is a storm brewing in my life. It actually has been brewing for some time. I have tried to ignore it by pushing it out of my mind. But this storm is a hurtful one. I continue to pray for His guidance on what actions I need to take, if any. I know, in His time, this storm will either go away by the situation becoming resolved or it will turn into a huge storm. Either way, He is in control. I continue to pray for resolution and for the hurt to be eliminated.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You once again for giving me the privilege to pray for pastors. Thank You for loving me so greatly that You use me to be Your Servant. Thank You for cleansing me of anything that may be between You and I so I can walk the walk of life with You. Thank You for giving me the empowerment to be You to others. You are so good, Father! Lord, I pray this morning for those in the horrific accident in Wooster. I especially pray for the ones injured to rely upon Your strength to get them through the days ahead. I pray for their physical, mental, emotional, financial and most of all spiritual needs. I praise You for being with my two friends who had surgery Friday. May You be their strength in the days of recovery. I praise You for all the ways You bless us. Thank You Jesus for being My Anchor. Amen.

No comments: