Saturday, October 28, 2017

Psalm 46:10 - "Thy Will"



The Lord woke me up during the night several times to pray for a man who gives unselfishly of himself to serve Him. He travels many days out of the year for many miles to spread the love of Jesus. This man has made such an impact on my life in so many ways. He has taught me what it means to go deeper in my relationship with the Lord which gave me a spiritual healing. He also has been an instrument for the Lord for a physical healing in my body. There have been times where I have been so discouraged and he would send me a text or I would read something he posted on Facebook that encouraged me which gave me an emotional healing. God is using him in mighty ways in thousands of lives. I pray for him often but when I saw his post yesterday about being weary after experiencing a hard week of spiritual warfare my prayers increased. I cannot do what Brother Dan does with traveling all across the country but I can be here praying for him and his team. That is what God has called me to do. Intercessory prayer is so important for everyone but especially those in full-time ministry. I was blessed yesterday in finding out one of my friends from Ohio was woke up the night before by the Holy Spirit to pray for me. I had a tough night with pain and the Lord knew I needed that prayer. Sometimes we do not know who or when the Holy Spirit has someone praying for us while other times we are given the privilege of that knowledge. There are so many times the Holy Spirit will wake me up to pray for someone that I have no idea why but that does not matter. I am His servant and strive for obedience. I am so grateful for the knowledge that He uses me in such a way to bless others. As I prayed for Brother Dan throughout the night the Lord kept bringing "Still" by Hillary Scott to my mind. Specifically these words...

You're parting waters
Making a way for me
You're moving mountains that I don't even see
You've answered my prayer before I even speak
All You need for me to be is still

God told me to pray for Brother Dan's 'mountains' to be moved. He told me there are some pretty bigs ones but none are bigger than Him. He also told me to share this with him. Sometimes when He tells me to share something with someone I am hesitant because they are not believers or I am afraid the message I am to give seems too far out of the water. This time there is no hesitation because I know the message will be not only accepted but embraced. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege of being a prayer warrior. You are so awesome in the way You wake me to pray for people and for waking people to pray for me. Lord, fill me with more of You so people will see/hear You instead of me today. Enable me to be Your servant in a different, new way. Thank You for the safe trip for our friends. I pray a blessing over there time here. Thank You for bringing them to visit which brings a little bit of 'home' to me. Once again, I pray for Brother Dan and his ministry team to be blessed in mighty ways...move their mountains! Thank You Jesus for being My Mountain Mover! Amen.


No comments: