Sunday, October 15, 2017

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Thy Will"


It's hard to count it all joy
Distracted by the noise
Just trying to make sense of all your promises
Sometimes I gotta stop
Remember that you're God
And I am not


Yes! There have been so many times over the last sixteen months where things have not went as we thought they would. There were times when we prayed, we listened, we did as He said only to have things not happen. I am not sure why but I am sure He remains in control. God has His reasons for the timing of such things. Last night was the perfect example of this. The outreach had been planned for the last three months only to be cancelled due to rain the first two times. It was discouraging. Last night came the encouragement part. Loving on forty-one people with a free meal and fellowship was so awesome! Having all ages come and experience us being the hands and feet of Jesus to them was the icing on the cake. We made new friends we hope to see again. I know the Lord will bless our efforts with these people. Seeds were planted last night. Now we need to wait on Him to give us opportunities to cultivate those seeds. "Thy Will" is the key to all we do in life. We cannot rush things nor can we manipulate them. Instead we need to allow Him to work in and through us in His time. As I prayed for pastors during the night, the Lord had me pray for those who are filling the pulpit this morning that don't usually preach. He told me to pray for them to not be fearful because fear will block out them hearing from Him. This morning He had me pray for pastors who are not waiting for Him. He urged me to pray for them to have open hearts to His will. He also encouraged me to pray for those who are manipulating things in their ministry to 'work' in their time instead of waiting on His. He told me to pray for those who are resisting what He wants them to do. He also had me pray for those who are doing what they have always done in their ministry because they are comfortable in doing it. He has called some to do something different but they are afraid. Once again He brought into my prayers about fear blocking out Him. I am thankful we did not try to manipulate the outreach by choosing a different date as had been suggested. I am thankful we waited on God's time for this event to occur. I also am thankful He provided the people last night who were perfect in making the event a success. Forty-one people for our first time was awesome! I look forward to see how God will cultivate the planted seeds and give opportunity for more seeds to be planted. As I played with the children, I had a vision of doing a Kingdom Coaster bus type ministry in the complex. As I sat and talked with adults I was overwhelmed with their need to be with others. We, as a church, can fill that need. We can love on them as we get to know them. What a blessed evening!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of last night and for the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for taking my frustrating day and turning it into a blessed day. Thank You for the physical strength to not only get through it but to enjoy last evening. I pray for my husband to have physical strength today to not only get through the service but to not be distracted by being sick. I pray a healing over not only his physical body but also his emotional body. I pray for those who are contemplating going to church today to make the decision to go. I also pray for those who go to be filled with Your presence in the service. Wake up the dead churches and bring them back to life. Open up the eyes, ears and hearts of those who are not walking in Your will, especially pastors who need to lead the people in Your direction. I pray for You to be alive in the hearts of Your people in a different, new way. Cleanse us all so we can be in right relationship with You. Fill us with Your Holy Spirit. Be our words and actions so people will hear/see You through us today. Thank You for being My Everything. Amen.


No comments: