Thursday, October 12, 2017

Psalm 51:10-15 - "Create In Me A Clean Heart"



Create...renew...make new...I love the pictures I get in my mind with these words. Psalm 51 is one that shows these. The Message gives different word pictures to this passage. 'Soak'...'scrub'...'tune me'...I love these words of David! Most of all I love the idea that God is never finished changing us. He is never finished cleansing us of impurities. There are so many things in this world that try to pull us down yet He is always there for us. His love, grace and mercy are always available. Verse fifteen in The Message reads, "Unbutton my lips Dear God, I'll let loose with your praise." Yes! That is exactly what needs to happen every day. We must praise Him for all He has done in our lives and for all He is yet to do. We must praise Him for circumstances that seem hard because it is in those circumstances our faith goes deeper. We must praise Him for the 'good' days and the 'bad' days because they are all orchestrated by Him. We must praise Him for cleansing us so there is nothing between Him and us. Plain and simple. We must praise Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for cleansing me every day of things that get between us. Father, I praise Your Holy Name for the blessing You gave a family member yesterday. I pray You will continue to be with Doc with this medication. I pray today will be the day he feels better. I also pray for lower counts for him today. I pray for my friend who is having surgery this morning along with prayers for peace for her husband. I pray for another friend who is getting biopsy results this morning. Father, give Your peace to both. I pray for You to use me in whatever way You so desire today. May You be my hands and feet. Thank You Jesus for being My Cleanser! Amen.



No comments: