Friday, October 13, 2017

James 1:2-4 - "This Is The Stuff"

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately 
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed 
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing 
Might not be what I would choose 
But this the stuff You use

These words...oh my...the Lord knew I needed reminded of that last line. He uses the 'junk' of life to draw us closer to Him. Nothing we go through is a surprise to Him. Not the pain we have in our physical bodies, the hurt we have in our hearts, the frustration of things seeming to go wrong throughout the day, the unexpected bill that comes in the mail...none are a surprise to Him. We have a choice in leaning on His strength or falling apart. If we choose to fall apart, it gives the enemy an open door to get into our life. If we choose God's strength, we will be blessed in abundance with more of Him. It takes not only reading James 1:2-4 but standing upon it.

A gift...a joy...peace...no matter what it is called, it is definitely from God. He blesses us as we walk in obedience. Part of walking in obedience is not allowing the enemy a foothold in any aspect of our life. Another part is showing others how we do life with Him as our strength. Plain and simple, some days are harder than others. Our emotions can get in the way of seeing Him work in and through us. But we cannot allow that to happen. The greater our focus on Him, the greater our blessings.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder this morning of what it takes to get through the 'junk' of life. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for Everly doing so well for me while her Momma had surgery and thank You for the results from her surgery. I pray an abundance of healing upon her as she recuperates. I also pray for them as they make the decision about putting Skye down. This family is going through so much. I feel like the little things I deal with are nothing when I look around and see so many going through so much. I also am praying for my friend whose biopsy came back questionable and will have surgery. My prayers continue for Jeremy's family as they continue to figure out life without him. There are so many hurting people in my little world. I need to suck it up and not complain about my little things. I praise You, Father, for Doc's count being lower again today and for him feeling a little better. I pray for a continued healing in his body. Lord, cleanse me so You can be in everything I do and say today. Bless me with opportunities to be You to all I engage with today. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Bless Me. Amen.

No comments: