Sunday, October 29, 2017

II Timothy 1:7; Ephesians 6:10-18 - "Bulletproof"


The Lord woke me up early to pray for pastors and their congregations. He also woke me up with the song "Bulletproof" going through my mind. I love how Saturday nights/Sunday mornings are normally set aside by Him with these in my prayers. Unless one is a pastor or grew up in a pastor's family there is no idea on what they go through as they minister. There is so much joy in pastoring but there also is so much heartache. As a pastor ministers they take on people's problems in a deeper way than others in a body of believers. The hurts and pains of their flock may not be known to others or if it is known, details or the depth of the situation may not be known. Some pastors are told things no one else has a clue about. It is a privilege to pastor but it also can take a toll on every aspect of one's life. 

No fear no doubt can shoot me down
I got my armor now
No fear no doubt gonna shoot me down
Now I’m bulletproof because of you You 
Because of You


Fear and doubt are things every person experiences at one time or another. But as the song goes when we have our armor on, the arrows from the enemy cannot hit us. We are "Bulletproof" as we wear His armor. At times the enemy will work through people to try to shoot us down. He also will work through things such as weariness from being overworked, not being in His Word or on our knees enough, health issues, break down in relationships, etc. Believers, especially pastors, must be aware of what opens doors to the enemy in our own life. We must pray against those open doors. We must pray II Timothy 1:7 over ourselves. "God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but He gave us a spirit of power, love and self-control." The Holy Spirit empowers all of His children to stand against the enemy. The empowerment comes from living in the Lord's presence. One must give up the idea of not needing Him and allow Him to overtake their entire being. His empowerment comes through dying to self and living in His Spirit. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for our time with friends yesterday and for the beauty of Your creation. Thank You for the day that is ahead today...Your Day. As You directed my prayers this morning, may bodies of believers come together unified, ready to worship and ready to hear the message You have for them. May pastors who go into the pulpit this morning be enriched by Your Holy Spirit so people will see/hear You instead of them. May pastors be filled with Your Holy Spirit so they are in tune to people's needs before they are even spoken. You told me this morning to pray for pastors to preach in a different, new way today. I pray for all believers, but especially pastors to be "Bulletproof" as they are dressed in Your Armor. Father, I pray for pastors of little ones and teens to be ready with Your answers for the questions asked of them today. I also pray for pastors of families for Your strength as they minister to some hurting people. I pray for the pastor who is going back to his congregation for the first time today since his miraculous experience with dying and being brought back. I pray for he and his church to realize You have great days in store for them. I pray for the evangelists that are in the pulpit this morning to minister to not only the people but to the pastors in the churches they are serving. I pray for open ears, eyes and hearts for all who hear Your Word spoken today. Just as I pray for myself I pray for others to pray for themselves for a cleansing so there is nothing between us and You. I pray for more of You to ooze out of me so people will know You are the One who directs my life. I pray against any open doors the enemy may try to open today in my life. I pray they will not only be closed but they will be locked up tight from him. Thank You for being My Bulletproof. Amen.

No comments: