Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Ephesians 6; James 1 - "Old Church Choir"


I went to bed with these words going through my mind and woke up with them doing the same....

When the valleys, that I wander
turn to mountains that I can climb
Oh, you are with me, never leave me
Oh cause there ain't nothing there ain't nothing gonna steal my joy


The Lord knew I needed the reminder that He is always with me no matter what is happening in my life. I cannot allow the 'bad' things of life steal my joy. Instead I have to find ways for Him to be glorified through them. I have to allow Him to work in and through me as I deal with whatever comes my way. I must say I am feeling pretty worn right now. It seems like just when one thing is over another starts. In fact, in today's situation the one wasn't over before the next one started. I need to feel His presence in a mighty way to stay joyful. These attacks are coming too close and too fierce. I need to be filled up with more of the Holy Spirit to be empowered to stand firm in my full armor. Paul wrote in Ephesians 6...

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Belt of truth...breastplate of righteousness...shoes of the Gospel of peace...shield of faith...helmet of salvation...sword of the Spirit along with prayer. I need to be dressed in these at all time in order to not allow my joy to be stolen. James wrote in the opening chapter of his book about how we are to be during trials and temptations. Verse two tell us we are to "Consider it pure joy...whenever you face trials of many kinds..." (NIV). Joy...joy...joy...I keep repeating this to reinforce it in my spirit. When I allow God to work in and through me...when I keep my joy through the trials...then I will be blessed in abundance by Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and the reminders that come along with it. Father, I am so tired of fighting these attacks yet I know I cannot give up. Thank You for the prayer shawl from the Elkins Church. When I wrap it around my shoulders I feel the prayers that were given over it for me. Lord, enable me to be joyful through this pain today. Make my faith deeper through it. Fill me to overflowing with more of You. Thank You Jesus for being My Joy. Amen.


No comments: