Monday, October 2, 2017

Psalm 73:25-28 - "King of My Heart"


I love these words and am thankful the Lord woke me up with them at 3:45, kept them with me for the next hour and then brought them again to me this morning. There is no doubt He is the "King of My Heart" and for that I am grateful. 

Let the King of my heart
Be the mountain where I run
The fountain I drink from
Oh-oh, He is my song
Let the King of my heart
Be the shadow where I hide
The ransom for my life
Oh-oh, He is my song


I am so grateful for the way He blesses me in abundance. Yesterday as Doc described the way I am blessed by the Lord my heart swelled with love for my Heavenly Daddy. I wish more people would experience Him in this way. He is more than just Someone to pray to in time of need. He is more than just Someone to read about in the Bible. He desires relationship with us. As our Heavenly Daddy, He desires to live in and through us every day. This relationship is similar to that of a parent/child relationship on earth. When there is little or no communication, there is little or no relationship. We must communicate with our Heavenly Daddy in order to have relationship with Him. He needs to be the King of our heart at all times. Some people are content with having a Savior when in fact we all need to accept Him as Lord of Lords of our life. He must be the One in control. He empowers us with His strength to give way from human desires and take on Christ-like desires. It does not sound easy and in the beginning it may not be but it is definitely a blessing to live in such a manner.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for the doctrine of sanctification. Thank You for being in control of my life. I pray for anything that may be between You and I to be wiped out. I pray for more of You in me. Be my words, actions and attitude today in a whole new way. Bless every aspect of this day that is ahead. Bless my school work and empower me to grasp what I am being taught. Thank You Jesus for being the King of My Heart. Amen.


No comments: