Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Numbers 6:24-26 - "Scars In Heaven"

Yesterday started off with a walk to see sunrise. Even though it was too foggy we still enjoyed the beauty of God's creation. What a blessing to be here in Ohio these few days and see places I saw growing up, experiencing things such as the Wayne Country Fair, seeing friends and family...the list goes on and on. Yesterday when I took this picture I got the Holy Spirit goosebumps as God shined down on us. His love pours down upon us every day. The blessings He gives us are overwhelming at times. Last night enjoying the Casting Crowns concert with Dave and Alona was priceless. Yesterday when we visited Mom and Dad's grave the tears fell. Last night "Scars In Heaven" brought the tears once again. Hall said something along the lines that we all have times when grief will pour out of us in the form of tears. Sometimes we go for a period of time without them and for no reason they will show themselves. I am so thankful Doug does not get upset when they come. I also am thankful for the way he prays for and over me. I was blessed in abundance this morning as he prayed thanking God for our marriage. God blesses me every day with him. As we begin this last day of our trip and reflect back on all the miles we traveled, people we spent time with, places we visited, etc. my emotional tank is full. I am excited to get back to warmer weather with daily sunshine but I know the Son is shining down upon us every day. I am thankful for Dan and Pam who opened their home up to us again. Another blessing with our memory banks full with laughter and conversation with them. I also am thankful for another bit of closure through this trip to Orrville. Once again, these words speak volumes of comfort to me...

The only scars in heaven, they won't belong to me and you
There'll be no such thing as broken and all the old will be made new
And the thought that makes me smile now even as the tears fall down
Is that the only scars in heaven are on the hands that hold you now

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday Doug and I had with: our morning walk; a visit to our parents graves; lunch at Dravenstott's; visits with Sally, Karen, and Shirley; Wayne County Fair with seeing the Strasbaugh's, Rachel and her family, Jon and Sandy; Bonnie and Tom, and many others along with seeing the Casting Crowns concert with Dave and Alona! Thank You for Dan and Pam opening their home to us again and for the day ahead as we travel home! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Numbers 6:24-26 over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Sunshine! Amen.  



No comments: