Saturday, September 9, 2023

Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "Blessings"


Yesterday was another blessed filled day. I started out meeting a friend over coffee, got a quick hug from Jackie, and then we were off to Amish country with Dan and Pam. As we drove through the rolling hills I was reminded of the drives we would take with my Daddy letting me say 'left' or 'right' when we came to a stop sign. You never knew where we would end up but it was always an adventure. Seeing the autumn decorations everywhere made me want to put up my decorations when we get home. I think this is the first September I have experienced in Ohio since moving in 2016 with the exception of the quick weekend a couple years ago to perform Allison and Jose's wedding. Sleeping with the windows open and waking to a crisp sixty-one degrees is refreshing. Doug said this morning God made it sixty-one just for us to wake up to since it was the year we were born. I was glad to get a quick hug from my friend June last evening when we stopped by her house. Sitting around the dinner table talking and laughing with Dan and Pam was the icing on the cake for the day. God is so, so good with pouring His blessings down upon us. Today is another full day with seeing family and friends, doing a funeral, and driving many miles. I pray God will give us another full day of blessings as we enjoy our time here in Ohio. I love the way He brings memories to me. Yesterday I picked up a grape fry pie at the Ashery and thought of the way my Daddy loved them. Several times my Momma came to my mind like when we stopped at Dalton Dariette for ice cream. That was one of her favorite places to go when I was in town. Last night Pam made her famous pizza burgers and it made me think of me making them for my boys when they were growing up. God has truly blessed me over my sixty-two years and continues to do so. I can't wait to see what He has in store for Doug and I not just today but in the days ahead as we do life together. Woo hoo! I am reminded of the words of Jeremiah 29:11-13 this morning. The Babylonians were in captivity when they received a word from God that He had not forgotten them. Doug and I both were in periods where we could have thought God had forgotten us but thankfully we knew He had not. When I think about how God promised him to me almost a year before we reconnected, I feel very blessed. I love what Matthew Henry wrote about God's promises. Promises are given to quicken and encourage prayer. The Bible is full of God's promises. No matter what we go through we must lean into them and allow Him to work in and through us. The more we do this the more we will realize His peace, joy, hope, and love. Sometimes God's blessings come through difficult times and sometimes they come through easier ones. We must always be ready to see His blessings no matter what. I am reminded this morning of the song Laura Story sings called "Blessings"...

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday You poured down on Doug and I as we enjoyed our day in Ohio! Thank You for our time with Dan and Pam, seeing Jackie, stopping by to see June, and for all the memories You brought to my mind! I pray blessings upon the day ahead with more visits with family and friends, the many miles we will travel, and for Your words to give comfort as I perform a funeral. Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Blesser! Amen.  

No comments: