Thursday, September 21, 2023

I Peter 5:7 - "Desert Road"

Hurts of the heart are sometimes harder than the ones of the body. When we go through physical issues, there are doctors to go see. When we go through emotional and relational issues, there are counselors to see but at the end of the day they do not take away the hurt. They guide us on how to deal with them. It is easy for people to say, 'I know how you feel...' yet they don't. Even if they have gone through something similar everyone's situation is different. I see people struggling and want to help but there is nothing I can do to change their situation. I can and do pray for them to have God's peace and wisdom. I pray for them to not allow the enemy to creep into their life. I must remember prayer is not the only thing I can do for them but it's the best thing. Another thing I can do is speak Scripture over them. Whether I do it in person or not does not matter. I know myself when I am struggling with life His Word empowers me to get through 'tough' times. His Word also gives me direction and clarity. I love how God brings me Scripture and a song each morning to start my day. Yesterday as Doug and I walked on the Spanish Moss Trail we saw all kind of beauty in God's creation. Turtles, birds, egrets, flowers, trees, the marsh, etc. God puts things before us to remind us of His love. When I see a bird, I am reminded of Jesus' words in Matthew 10 of His care for them. When I see the water in the marsh, I am reminded of the way God created the water and land. When I see wild flowers growing, I am reminded of Jesus' words in Matthew 6. His Word has something for every situation. We are reminded I Peter 5:7 to give all of our cares to God. Sometimes we give them to Him but we pick them back up and carry them with us. It seems like there are times we even enjoy being miserable with the way we refuse to allow Him to heal the hurts of our heart. This morning I am praying for one grieving who has not found God's peace with their loss. I also am praying for one seeking His direction yet continuing to make bad choices. God cares for all of us and He does not desire for anyone to be miserable. I'm praying for all to realize the words to a song Casting Crowns sings called "Desert Road"...

You got my attention now
I was doin' the talkin', but now I'm listenin'
This is where my hope is found
Knowin' life is hard, but You're still with me
I'm not out here on my own
You are close to the broken-hearted
'Cause You've already walked this road
And You're gonna finish what You started
I don't know where this is goin'
But I know who holds my hand
It's not the path I would've chosen
But I'll follow You to the end
Lord, as long as I am breathin'
I will make Your glory known
Even if it means I'm walkin' on this desert road

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the walk Doug and I had on Spanish Moss Trail yesterday! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through difficult days to stand upon I Peter 5:7. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Caretaker! Amen.  

No comments: