Monday, September 18, 2023

Psalm 71 - "I Am Yours"

Yesterday was another blessed day from the Lord. Sunday School, Morning Worship with my church family followed by lunch afterward, and rest. Receiving an email from one saying they enjoyed the day at church so much put a smile on my face. This morning I awoke early and started thinking about many things ahead in the week. The Lord stopped me and told me to read Psalm 71. I read it in different versions and love verse five in The Passion Translation. Lord, you alone are my hope; I’ve trusted you from childhood. Yesterday Doug was asking me questions from his Sunday School lesson. One was about what point did we first realize God's love. My reply was I always knew of it because of the way my parents raised me. I lived in a Christian home where morals were important, God was trusted, faith went deep, and His love flowed in and out of us. Verse six of this chapter reads, Yes, you have been with me from birth and have helped me constantly--no wonder I am always praising You! My parents taught me to always praise God no matter what the circumstances. I praise God for Carol Goodwin who anointed and prayed over me for peace for today's mammogram. I praise God for people who not only say they love God but allow God to work in and through them. Yesterday's sermon was 'Moving Forward In God's Presence.' That is exactly what He desires of all of us. We must not only believe in Him but we must have the Holy Spirit alive in us if we truly desire to live in His presence. I read from John fourteen about how God gives us the gift of the Holy Spirit when we accept it. The result of this gift is perfect peace in Him. This morning as I am counting down the hours until my mammogram I am determined to be more intentional in allowing the Holy Spirit to be my strength and peace. I will stand on the promises found in God's Word knowing He is with me and already knows the results. A song Lauren Daigle sings is on my mind this morning...

Let the waters rise
I will stand as the oceans roar
Let the earth shake beneath me
Let the mountains fall
You are God over the storm
And I am Yours

I am Yours...yes! That is all I need to remember. Nothing is too big for God. He knows the outcome of today's test. Nothing will surprise Him. I will praise Him in these hours as I wait and I will praise Him no matter the results. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the words of Psalm 71 which encourage me to continue to trust You! Thank You for Doug's Sunday School class going well yesterday with the change of curriculum! Thank You for these next hours as I await my mammogram appointment! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your perfect peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray You will surround Susan and her family with people who will love on them with Your love during these tough days. Thank You for being My Mighty Protector! Amen.  

No comments: