Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Isaiah 43; Romans 8:1; Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "I Speak Jesus"

It is so good to be home. I always enjoy traveling but I also enjoy climbing into my own bed. I was grateful for no travel delays on this trip and for all the miles safely traveled both in the air and on the ground. I am grateful for the way God blessed me with memories and gave us opportunity to make new ones. I was reading in Isaiah yesterday and stopped to ponder upon chapter forty-three. No matter what we do or don't do God loves us. He is there to deliver us from hard situations. Verse one reiterates the fact we do not have to fear anything when we live for God. The Israelites were going through hard days and needed encouraged to keep going. There have been many times I myself wanted to give up but my earthly Daddy instilled in me to not quit. As I read this chapter I thought about all the times I messed up in life and felt ashamed. I have asked God to forgive me and was encouraged once again through verses eighteen and nineteen to leave the past in the past. God wants to not only forgive us but He desires to empower us to live for Him by doing a new thing in us. We do not have to continue to beat ourselves up over mistakes but instead need to do what God does by forgiving and forgetting. He gives us hope and forgiveness instead of condemnation. People try to condemn us and at times are successful. Those times are from the enemy not God. Romans 8:1 tells us there is no condemnation for those who live with the Lord. Verse two of Isaiah 43 tells us God will be with us and not let us drown when life becomes overwhelming. Isaiah reminds the people of all God did to bring them out of captivity. He encourages them to allow God to continue to be their Savior. These words written many years ago are for us today. We do not have to live in the 'junk' of yesterday but instead need to live in the liberation of today and the hope for tomorrow. I am reminded of Jeremiah's writing in chapter twenty-nine, verses eleven and thirteen and feeling very blessed. ...a hope and a future... Yes! The only way to live the way God desires is to ask for forgiveness from Him and then forgive ourselves. We must not only repent of our sins daily but we must allow Him to work in and through us. Matthew Henry writes:

We have no reason to expect pardon, except we seek it by faith in Christ; and that is always attended by true repentance, and followed by newness of life, by hatred of sin, and love to God. Let us then put him in remembrance of the promises he has made to the penitent, and the satisfaction his Son has made for them. Plead these with him in wrestling for pardon; and declare these things, that thou mayest be justified freely by his grace. This is the only way, and it is a sure way to peace.

Peace is where I desire to live. The enemy does not like that way of life and does everything he can to cause chaos. I must hold onto the promises of God so the enemy has no foothold in my life. When the doubts surface, I must "speak the name of Jesus" over them. I am singing "I Speak Jesus" this morning...

Shout Jesus from the mountains
Jesus in the streets
Jesus in the darkness over every enemy
Jesus for my family
I speak the holy name
Jesus
Your name is power
Your name is healing
Your name is life
Break every stronghold
Shine through the shadows
Burn like a fire

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of a wonderful trip to Ohio for Doug and I and being back home! Thank You for the words of Isaiah and Jeremiah that encourage me to not live in the past but look to the future! Thank You for the reminder to speak Your name throughout the day ahead! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your name over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray You will surround Susan and her family with people who will love on them with Your love during these tough days. Thank You for being My Future! Amen.  

No comments: