Saturday, September 23, 2023

Psalm 37:4 - "Hold On"

When I was a little girl and asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, my response was 'a Mommy.' I wanted three boys and three girls and at one time even had names picked out. Some were from the Gerber baby food commercials which I would daydream about having cute babies like them. I grew up, got married, and had two boys. After marrying Doc I received a bonus son so my three boys were complete. Their wives brought my dream of having three girls complete. When they added grand-babies to the picture, I was in heaven. Today is September 23 which is noted for three big life events for me. One is the first day of fall which is my favorite season. In Ohio it was my favorite season because of the beauty of the leaves changing. I love the temperatures both In Ohio and South Carolina during this season. The second thing is today Doc and I would be celebrating our thirty-fourth anniversary. His last anniversary on earth we went out and celebrated knowing he didn't have much longer with me. He made it almost another year before God called him home. I will never forget a conversation we had that night and many times over the course of the next few months. He told me I had to promise him I would remarry someone who would take care of me. He was worried about me being alone with the MS and if my cancer returned. I jokingly told him I would never have another husband but we both knew I am not one to live alone. Five months ago today Doug and I were married. He has so many of the same qualities of Doc who had so many of the same qualities of my Daddy. He cares for me well and shows his love to me in so many ways. I believe if Doc were able to see us he would be pleased. My Daddy always told me he was happy I had Doc in my life to take care of me and I believe if he could see me now he would also be pleased. I strive to please my Heavenly Daddy every day. I know I fall short at times and am thankful He forgives and forgets and continues loving me. I am grateful for the blessings He pours down on me every day. When we recently went to Ohio, I asked Doug if we could go to church at Willard Nazarene that Sunday. We drove through town and I showed him the parsonage, the hospital where I was Medical Chaplain, etc. This tree in this picture was one I could see from the house. It has not yet changed to be as beautiful as it will be but God blessed me in abundance with its color. For many people fall is not their favorite because winter is coming. That statement in Ohio means something totally different than here in South Carolina. Fall is full of hurt with many deaths. My sister was murdered in October 1972 which made my Daddy so depressed when the calendar changed to October. Doc, Mr. Fran, Mordecei, and Grammy died in 2020 in the span of two months. I am thankful for the way God encouraged me through such days. I also am thankful for promises found in His Word such as Psalm 37:4. I also am thankful for songs like "Hold On" that Katy Nicole sings for times when there is so much darkness in life...

Hold on just a little bit longer
I know it's gonna be okay
These days are gonna make you stronger 
You'll find purpose in the pain
Hold on just a little bit longer 
Deep down there's a well of faith
Let hope arise as you're lifting up my name
And just hold on
Just hold on, hold on

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with lunch with some of my church ladies to celebrate Leslie's birthday! Thank You for Doug working so hard on not only our yard but the church yard! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for those going through difficult days to see You as their Light. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Light! Amen.  

No comments: